Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 sfp Enhanced

JBirchall

Well after feeling a bit worse for wear after celebrating getting our country back, I went across to meet Brian Fox at Diggle to collect my new ATACR.

I was so impressed with this excellent piece of equipment I thought I would put a few words together for the benefit of others who may be thinking about getting one.

The first thing that struck me was the improved clicks over the NXS line of scopes. Very "clicky" audible clicks that give you an immediate sense of excellent build quality. 30 MOA on the elevation turret in a single turn. Zero stop as standard (and I was impressed as to how that actually works). Varying brightness of illumination which can be increased or decreased on the hoof by pushing the digillum button repeatedly and even with two options of colour (red or green). Incredible bright optics as a result of the ED glass which is used for this model and a superb FOV which is apparently better than the 25 x PM2. The MOAR reticle (of which I chose the "T" version - apparently standing for target and is finer than the standard MOAR version) is what one could say is the ultimate for target and LR plinking which is what I bought the scope for). Plenty of main tube for ease of mounting options.

And the icing on the cake is that it comes with Tenebraexs as standard - the occular one freely rotating which means when you turn the occular housing to wind up the mag, the cap can also be rotated accordingly which means the occular housing rotation doesn't create an issue with end caps which has always been a bugbear of mine with Nightforce.

All in all a superb quality product by Nightforce and looking forward to using it in the field.

Archived