Warcop C-10 Charlie High ?

Has anyone shot on this range and what do think of it? I've shot at Sennybridge a few times and hear you can shoot much further at Warcop, but no electronic targets there. Is the lack of elctronics at warcop a major issue?

Sorry for all the questions, its a bit of a commitment for me to make the journey there.....Cumbria is a fair way from Cornwall!!!

Next FCSA UK shoot is on this range on the 9th Aug.

Havent shot that range before, (just the movers elsewhere on WC)

If there are no ETR, I guess that it will be fixed distance frames.

Next FCSA UK shoot is on this range on the 9th Aug.

Havent shot that range before, (just the movers elsewhere on WC)

If there are no ETR, I guess that it will be fixed distance frames.

Hi Ronin, The 9th the shoot I'm thinking of going to.....I know there are plenty of tank/apc's scattered around the place - some out to 3,000m. However (having never shot anything but ETR) how do you know where your shots are going...particularly if its wet? Any chance I might see you there if I do go?

Hi Tiff

I am down to work that weekend, but as its the FCSA UK shoot on the 9th and there is another shoot the day after organised by SHrek the following day farther north I will try to get the weekend off (shouldnt be problem)

You know you hit the hard targets - get someone to spot for you and you do hear a "ring", it dpends on wether the range is passed for hard targets that day, if others are using neighboring ranges they will be out for obvious reasons.

I was hoping to have the 338 ready for this shoot, but as I await a barrel and reamer time is a pressing, although they may arrive in time.........

I can always bring the BAT and I should have completed my Surgeon 308 by then so I will probably see you there - I will be wearing a carnation :lol::lol:;):lol:

Hi Ronin it would be good to meet up there. I'll be the youngster with 150lbs of kit (mostly ammo) looking knackered from a night in a tent, plus a .308 AICS and .338 TRG and any other guns I can carry :lol:

Just trying to sort out my train ticket at the moment....I usually travel with First Great Western and have a signed letter of dispensation so I can travel on the trains with my gear. I would fly up, but cannot carry anywhere near enough ammo to be within the local airline 5kg limit. I'm sure I'll find a way to make it........

Anyone else going or can shed any light on this range?

Every time I have tried in the last year to get to a "local" FCSA shoot something has cropped up. So I hope to be there and meet some of my fellow club members - look forwards to meeting you Tiff and Deer308, plus anyone else from UKV.

Ive shot there a couple of times now. You certainly have a variety of targets. The only down side is you cant shot for group sizes as you cant go out and have a look, but saying that there are some white boards at 1000, if you can see the holes. On the last shoot I had a couple of shots with a steyr .50bmg and was getting the tracer into a small sheep rub on the hill at 2,400 meters. Sometimes it is difficult to spot shots, but its a great day out and Im going to be there. I think Ratwiskers is hoping to make it aswell depending on work. Should be a good meeting if we can all get along.

See you there,

Andy :rolleyes:

Hi Andy, it would be good to meet up. Will I get to see my AI side panels again :rolleyes:

I've booked my b&b's and tickets, so just starting to make the ammo. I'm guessing 650x 7.62 and 300x .338 should be enough :P Just hoping tracer is allowed on the day.

Well it looks like it may be an expensive day for you Tiff :P

I have just found out that Parcelfarce have my package from PTG including .30cal range rods, if I get them on monday, I will attempt to make a tac 308 in time for the shoot. Ive been holding off machining the barrel pending arrival of the rods.

(I will be bringing 6.5x47 anyway - the 338 barrel hasnt landed yet, so its doubtful this will be done :rolleyes: )

Just recieved a HS Precision HTR for evaluation, might bring that too, test target supplied is .3" :D sweet rifle.

Andy.

lf you want to walk out to 1000yrds and check the targets mate, then by all means go for it ;) l'm sure the rest of the chaps will give you a sporting head start.....

l stop work at 07.00 on sat' mornin' and if squadin's at 09.30 you'd better be there to give me a shove in the direction of the firing line, or at least point me towards a large dose of coffee n buns.

1000yrds and then back is but a mere stroll my friend!!! :lol: I just dont like the thought of those fifties coming to close for comfort, its bad enough when the tanks are fireing and im on the other side of the hill, :D but hey they aint got me yet!

If they keep missing me I'll see you all there. ;)

Andy

Hey Ratwiskers, theres no chance of falling asleep anyway with all those big booms! This is what you'll be like- B)

Andy.

l thought my left lug'ole was long gone till l got too close to that damn .50cal, you're right mate it's ;) all the way from here on in.....

Well l'll be there, might not be bright but at least early.......

I've just finished the brass prep for Warcop.

Here's a pic of a grands worth of Lapua brass B):D

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/T...akotrg42011.jpg

I used to be worried about being mugged for the guns, its worth it just for the cases alone now! Haven't yet worked out how I'm going to carry all this on my back when its loaded, along with 2 rifles and all the extra gear.......If you pass a guy with two bergens on his back on the A66 on Saturday morning give him a lift please :lol:;)

Tiff

the offer may already have been made, but where you camping?

If i'm passing, I will pick you up, my route in will take me from Tebay, to Brough and then back on the "66" to WC.

Hi guys, thanks for the offers but I think I'm going to be ok.....The campsite owner has offered to give me a lift in the morning from Appleby to Warcop, so hopefully he will be able to. Other wise its only a short 3-4 miles cross country walk so should be ok, I like to do things the fun way ;) . Cheers Tiff

Out of interest where is the range in relation to the A66 and Warcop village? Until now I'd only been concerned making it to Cumbria....and hadn't really thought to check where the range actually is ;)

Come out of the village of warcop so you meet the 66. Turn left and follow for about a mile. Then on a corner is a sign for entry to ranges A,B,and C on the right. Take that road, follow straight up through all the cameras, over the cattle grid, up the bank and were on your right. Cant miss it as it has a big command tower.

However, coming from appleby the turn off for the range will be on your left before you get to the village. You will probably overshoot it because of the bend, but hay ho, just turn on round and have another go.

See you there, Andy

Andy.

Please add to my confusion mate.... if you turn left out of Warcop won't that send you in the direction of Penrith ;) if l'm on A66 Warcop's on my right when l pass through isn't it???? ;)

Ratty.

Yeah this will confuse a yorkshireman, and an essex boy at that.

You are very right in what you say as the warcop village/camp and warcop fireing ranges are in two seperate locations. Comming from Penrith you will pass the range before you get to the village, therefore if you turn left out of the village and head towards penrith for about a mile the ranges will then be on your right hand side.

Now dont think about it and just get yourself there.

Cheers, Andy

WARCOP 9th IS CANCELED :blink:

The next shoot to be booked will be Sat 16th on H12......this is not confirmed yet.

Just got off the phone with John the secretary.

Got £200 in plane & rail tickets to get back now!!!!!

You said it Ronin. Well thats me out. I wont be able to get away from work till Novevember at the earliest.

Andy

Well that's certainly the most costly non-shoot for me to date.

In total I've lost over £175 in cancellation fees and deposits :blink: Since a lot of my tickets/bookings were classed as last minute (within 7 days), there is virtually no refund available! Plus probably another £15 in premium phone calls cancelling them for the last 3 hours!

Apparently the Amy decided this afternoon they are not shooting on Saturday and as such the range is not held open for civilian shooters etc.

Well I can't make it to Warcop till next year now and I'm certainly going to have to work next weekend as well to pay off my cancelled tickets. Just a little annoyed to say the least.

Looking forward to September 6th at F range Sennybridge now.....

Archived