another fox for the .222 and the wife

reloaderdan

last night i decided to go and have a look round some of my land with the wife for a few foxs pulled into a feild that is still in crop and saw a cub at about 200 yards could not take the shot as there was no safe back stop so i decided to sit and watch him for a while just mousing about in the grass after about 8-10 mins the fox turned tail and walked of into the rape with out a care in the world, he will have to have a lead injection at a later date :lol:

walked into another feild of mowen grass and sat in the middle was another cub a safe shot presented its self this time as the back stop was right behind our silage clamp took the rf out and pinged him at 108 yards put the stick down on the bipod gave a little squeek and the cub stoped in his tracks slipped the saftey and sent a 55 vmax down the tube wack down she goes it was dead before it hit the ground

foxzulu.jpg

sorry about the crap image it was taken on my phone

well after dispatching the fox we went and had a look a little further out in the truck i was at the wheel and the misses was on the lamp, we pulled up at a little fox highway where i normaly send a few to sleep and decided to wait for a while after about 5 mins of calling out popped a fox at about 85 yards so on picking the rifle up of the back seat and just about to load a round up the spout when the wife asks if she can take the shot,

so i handed my pride and joy over to her and took the lamp i had to chuckel to my self as she is nearly 7 months pregnent it took her a few seconds to turn the belly around far enough to get a steady fireing point, anyhow she told me she was ready so i hit the light and no sooner had i pressed the button on the lamp the fox turned broard side the gun went bang and the fox went down she was chuffed to bits at nailing the fox and wanted to keep on shooting all night long :lol:

deadfox2-1.jpg

the pick is better here as i used her phone only fair as she used my rifle ;):lol:

just a thought how many of you shoot with your partners in tow ?

back out again tonight for the last time before we start cutting so hopefully ill see the cub i could not shoot last night

regards to you all

Hi Danny

Great read, sounds like you may need a new rifle for yourself :lol:

If only my wife would get her hands on my weapon :lol: You've obviously got a good un.

Hmmmm, letting her loose on the lamp, I think it may cause a domestic in our household.

Cheers Steve

Nice one Dan , I used to take the ex lamping , I always remember one newyears I had her out holding the lamp on a charlie that was feeding on a bait, she had the radio on in the car and as Big Ben was ringing I sent charlie a happy new years kiss :ph34r: , my first fox of that year within 10 seconds :lol::lol:

It was one of those nights you never forget, like the time i got her all dolled up for Vallentines and took her out for a slap up meal at the Little Chef, true love eh :lol:

Well done on a nice evening out with the missus buddy!!! :lol:

Tell her well done on her shot too!!!! :ph34r:

Always good to see the " ladies " having a go at the shooting sports - and blomming good shots they are too!!!! :lol:

All the best.........................

RAY.................................... ;):lol:

Nice one Dan , I used to take the ex lamping , I always remember one newyears I had her out holding the lamp on a charlie that was feeding on a bait, she had the radio on in the car and as Big Ben was ringing I sent charlie a happy new years kiss :ph34r: , my first fox of that year within 10 seconds :lol::lol:

It was one of those nights you never forget, like the time i got her all dolled up for Vallentines and took her out for a slap up meal at the Little Chef, true love eh :P

Nemasis243

You really know how to spoil a girl ;) Glad I'm not the only one :lol:

Steve

Nemasis243

You really know how to spoil a girl :D Glad I'm not the only one :P

Steve

Nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r::lol: :lol: :lol:;)

All the best.......................

RAY............................... :D :D

Archived