Pica tinny spuhr mounts

Jet flint

As a new fac holder, and fairy inexperienced in the technical side of things,I could do with some advice.....I've recently purchased a t3x tikka in .204, to compliment this I've added a pm11 scope with illuminated ret so the mounting option with the supplied sako opti lock rings is limited in terms of eye relief.

When I purchased the scope it came with a beautiful spuhr one piece mount which would not fit the dovetails as they were too small.

Do I buy a pica tinny type rail to use so providing more eye relief options? And does the lovely spuhr mount fit the pica tinny rail? There seems to be a very steep learning curve! Kind regards Adam.

It would help if you can post up the Sphur mount number. You can type this into the Sphur web-site and it will confirm the manufacturer or picatinny rail it is for.

I've one on order for my TRG, they look excellent mounts and would rather keep mine and vortex scopes than sell them.

Did you buy your scope second hand as these mounts cost £295 new..

Fit a rail, Tikka do one, so does loads of other makers, you wont need any cant so a standard 0MOA rail will be fine

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for the replies gents, if I get the rail are you recommending that I fit the spuhr mount to it or the sako rings? The seller of the pmii kindly threw the mounts in at a very reasonable price and its quality seems to be superb. I will try to get the serial number as the setup is at riflecraft getting a new McMillan fitted. The mount is a 20 moa and the original vendor said it was mounted to a .223 with no problems for a 100 yard zero, he knew what he was taking about, does this seem correct to you, the forum members?

Archived