camcorder setup

foxshot

Had a look out out sunday to try out this camera setup and some more practice with Exbal

picture054xf5.jpg

It took no time to set it up so what i saw through the scope the camera picked up Also had a old crow decoy to set out to give a good real size target set it out at 250 yds, then a pigeon landed a little over 100 yd's got the scope on it had a good view of it in the camera screen then let the Nosler go on its way the pigeon disspeared in a puff of feathers :rolleyes: forgot to press the record button,Had a shot at the 250 yrd target and got the hit on camera this time,then a pigeon landed ranged at 321 yds dialed in using Exbal info there was a slight breez blowing left to right didnt think this would effect the bullet WRONG saw the bullet strike just to right of target

Gona get out and practice more in differing conditions

picture055we8.jpg view from shooting position just to the left of the scope cap at the base of the tree is where the 321 pigeon was this is the field where i set out the crow decoy and shot a pigeon at 180 yds and a crow to the far right at 202 yds ended catching 9 pigeon rangeing from a close 86 to the 180 yds and the crow at 202 on the camcorder ,the only thing is i zoomed in a bit to close as there is a bit of camera shake but the full effect can bee seen of all the hits so some good varmint footage should be had

Next investment a wind meter to help out a bit more at those longer range shots

After retreaving the crow decoy the strike was also on the right as was the real crow shot at 202 didnt think the breeze was strong enough to efect the bullet at those ranges

One question for you experienced long range boys what wind meter would you recomend

Guest northernchris

Hi Foxshot

Kestral or Skymate are the ones to go for,i also have a Silva wind meter which is pretty good also.Looks like your setup should come up with the goods :rolleyes:

Kestrel or Skymate.

Er,,,, I have both :rolleyes:

Excellent idea, look forwards to the footage :lol:

Tidy job :lol: ,its gotta be a bit fidley trying to sort the zoom ,focus on both camera and scope though, cant you get someone to do it for you along side when your shooting? :rolleyes:

This is the next step for us , trying to get some of the long shots on film, the only problem is which type of camera to use ?, high digital mag is no good at all for this type of stuff.

With regards a wind meter I dont think you will go far wrong with a Kestrel , you would pick the 1000model up for around £70 and from there they just get more expensive as they have all other gadgets on them.

Archived