First Fox with Nightvision.

creakindoor

I don’t usually bother taking pics of cubs, but this fine dog cub is a bit special.

It’s my first fox shot using Nightvision. My rifle is now wearing an HTH-731 (second-hand).

I have been out every night since I got it a week ago.

I have watched badgers, deer & farm cats but no sign of charley untill last night.

Although I have shot several rabbits out to 120yds.

When I first used scope I found the beam from the LED illuminator reflected back off the T8 mod.

So I taped it to the mod & now it works a treat.

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

Nice job mate ,have done a bit with the old night vision in the past, its something that has its place among vermin control,

Having had the oppotunity to use some of the best image intensifing tubes on the market, I have found that these are invaluable if you have lamp shy foxes.

I often get called to sort out problem foxes which people have had a go at sometimes, then using a lamp can be hard going as charlie knows what on the other end of the call.

I have found that using a bait in areas where you know the fox is patrolling can be outstanding, this new sent from some cat food or any old smelly fish will draw him into the ideal ,pre-arranged shooting area,where you know the back stop is safe,you can see him but he cant see you

I have seen for myself several people who you class as sensible get carried away when looking through the nite gear, they spot a fox and the red mist just seems to come over them , I have checked the back stop on more than one occsasion,before the shot and have called no shot and then pointed out something that they have missed behind the target.

It seems along time ago that I was looking through an old friends Russian gen 1 bit of kit (God Rest His Soul)to the new gen 3+ that I have the use of now, but the excitement is still the same.

If any one is using nite kit try and lay your hands on an IR Filter to go onto a 170lightforce ,you will be amazed what the difference is .

My mate 6MMBR has also some great kit and he will probably post something on this topic after.

I dont know how good the optics are in this scope you have here but to give you an example we have been looking at bunnies 500yrds away clearly with gen3+ at 4xmag.

Well done Creakindoor

Congratulations On the first NVed fox, range estimation is quite a big issue when starting off with NV, definately agree with Nemasis 243 regarding a infra red filter on the lamp, I use the Blitz for scanning around with a dimmer.

Steve

Archived