Tikka Super Varmint .222, my first centrefire

Finally got my new Tikka set up and ready to go, just waiting on a few cleaning items now, bore guide, patches, etc.

This is my first centrefire rifle, once the soddin wind drops, I'll be out and trying various factory rounds.

The mounts are Sportsmatch, scope is a Leupold 8.5-25 X 50, gun stock ammo pouch is made by Fox and purchased off flea bay. Bipod is a Harris, swivel type.

I can't wait to put some rounds through this thing as the largest calibre I have owned up to now is a .17 HMR.

Safe shooting and thanks for all the help and advise so far.

Neil

post-14846-0-73913100-1462947235_thumb.jpeg

post-14846-0-83655200-1462947261_thumb.jpeg

Nice rifle Neil, and it's quite a step up from hmr.

I've a T3 Lite in .222 and it shot well with Hornady 50gr Vmax factory ammo. I'm now using handloaded 40gr Nosler Varmageddon and I'm getting .5" groups at 100yds, and they are devastating on small vermin.

I have these in .204 & .223. I notice you've gone for the longer unthreaded barrel... Are you planning on having it for a moderator?

Cracking rules, love mine and like the synthetic stock.

Yes sandyb I live in Australia, I'm a Peterbotough boy though, Standground to be precise.

I'm jealous... Looked into emigrating in 2001, but didn't, bought a house instead. :o/

post-10389-0-50456000-1463297189_thumb.jpeg

Archived