Considering a 6mm BR..

1:12"?

what will be your upper limit for bullet weight/length?

Hi

Sorry for the delay

I would say 80-85g

I intend to run it on the light end fodder of 55-75 depending what it shoots best!

hopefully a 55g nosler or 58g vmax

cheers Andy

interesting,

am wondering if the upper limit for a 1:10" twist might be the same as it is for .243 at around the 100gr mark?

I would be happy with 90gr TBH

105gr is a bonus

Accurate shooter 6BR cartridge info page finds 87vmax ok in 10 twist; 95 g usually need 10,and 105 do need 9........

It get a little iffy around the limits,and weight is not the only factor-bullet design come in (VLD eg) and individual barrels might/not cope.

I'd not extrapolate confidently from one cartridge to another,either,though the 243 gets iffy around 95g sometimes).

But the rather brief Accurate Shooter info suggests you might get what you hope for near 90g,with some bullets....

gbal

• 3 weeks later...

i used a M591 Sako .243 rechambered to 6BR. heavy 1.10 twist varmit barrel. shoots brilliantly. stabilises 90 lapua and 95 nosler partition but prefers 85 partition. that particular Sako does not have a detachable mag but it feeds very well. cheap conversion.

• 3 weeks later...

i used a M591 Sako .243 rechambered to 6BR. heavy 1.10 twist varmit barrel. shoots brilliantly. stabilises 90 lapua and 95 nosler partition but prefers 85 partition. that particular Sako does not have a detachable mag but it feeds very well. cheap conversion.

That is music to my ears

I know the Sako 75 .243 with floorplate chambers them perfectly as I tested a dummy round

I just got a "6mm" variation allowing me to buy a .243 and either rebarrel or rechamber without another variation

Would be happy with 90gr limit

Archived