Professional pest controllers, ref flies

dylan5588

Hi, I need some advice on dealing with an infestation of yellow swarming flies in a house, i have never come across them before, I have fogged the loft, which seems to be their hibernation area, but they are still congregating on windows and walls inside and outside the property. Any ideas? any advice would be appreciated.

Adrian

could be cluster flies

these will start to come out as it get warm and try to find their way outside, if they pitch on the glass windows the rapid temp change will kill some, they will go in and out if they can until its warm enough to stay out at night, they will then spend the summer in the fields breeding, and return as it gets colder in the autumn, the toing and froing will start again and they will follow and pheromone trail back to your house,

it will take several years probably to eradicate them

using bombs in the attic and rooms, also spray windows with contact killers, use timed aerosols devices and all the usual.

good luck you will need it, i have lived the dream for 20 years, they still come back

Not "Fruit flies" or "cluster flies" they are "Yellow swarming flies" Tiny little buggers about 3mm, Apparently they have a similar cycle to cluster flies, except larvae feed on aphids during the summer, and adults feed on fruit sugars, I wanted to use a residual insecticide with sugar added, but the customer is not happy about it in case it stains or spoils her decor etc, so maybe timed release spray inside and capture traps outside is the way to go.

Thanks for input.

Adrian

Alphamost plus Z9 is excellent for most types of flies, it's residual and contains an attractant it also won't stain. Deadline Insectaban can also be used as a "paint on" in and around window frames etc.

If your customer isn't to keen on spraying her decor you could always spray other items with your residual / attractant and leave them where the flies are gathering (pieces of laminate flooring work well as it doesn't absorb the chemical and you can drill holes in it so it can be hung) Not tried it myself but I have heard of people covering delicate surfaces with cling film and then spraying.

Hi Adrian,

I used to get mine off SX Environmental but since they have been taken over it looks like they no longer list it!

The link is to the manufacturer might be worth a call to see if they still make it or maybe the licence has been withdrawn (like most things that work!!!)

http://hockley.co.uk/environmental-health/suspension-concentrate-(sc)/alphamost-plus.aspx

Hi Adrian,

I used to get mine off SX Environmental but since they have been taken over it looks like they no longer list it!

The link is to the manufacturer might be worth a call to see if they still make it or maybe the licence has been withdrawn (like most things that work!!!)

http://hockley.co.uk/environmental-health/suspension-concentrate-(sc)/alphamost-plus.aspx

Thanks Andy, i have placed an order with SX Environmental, it looks like they still sell it, strange way of ordering though, Place order-wait for phone call to confirm postage cost, then pay. Oh well will wait and see what happens.

Thanks again Adrian

Archived