Another DIY, British made case annealer

Mick Miller

Well, I though I would share this with you guys. With the help of a guy off another forum I've finally got my case annealing machine together.

The time is adjustable and the lcd readout tells you how long the anneal time is, the cases are rotated at 60rpm, so once a second. The disc caters for everything from 17 hornet up to 308 and possible bigger.

The torch is easily adjusted for height via two large thumb wheels and a sliding arm so that fine adjustments can be made. It works off a standard 12v 1a wall supply or 4ah li-ion battery (so portable, you could take this to the range in the motor or anneal in the garden on a summer's day!).

All aluminium build so lightweight, the other parts are 3D printed plastic. Simply slacken off the centre screw and adjust the turntable for larger/ smaller calibres.

Job jobbed!

Here's the vid and some pics, watch me burn my fingers as I try to keep one eye on the phone screen whilst loading some dummy cases :blush::o

20160317_205127.jpg20160317_205225.jpg20160317_205231.jpg20160317_205241.jpg20160317_205248.jpg

I

That's really smart, superb job sir. Have you any plans to make more?

I'm going to make on for my mate in Wales. I'm just looking at the costs in getting the central plate laser cut too as drilling by hand is a PITA, I guess I can finish by using a drill bit as the laser often leaves behind a little slag or burr as it starts it's cut.

That's really smart, superb job sir. Have you any plans to make more?

I'm going to make on for my mate in Wales. I'm just looking at the costs in getting the central plate laser cut too as drilling by hand is a PITA, I guess I can finish by using a drill bit as the laser often leaves behind a little slag or burr as it starts it's cut.

I

I'll be watching with interest, please feel free to drop me a pm once you've got the cost sorted.

On the holes for the central plate, would a water jet do it?

Archived