Accurised .223 Remington 700 SPS Tactical

Ive decided to sell my .223 Remington 700 SPS tactical. The rifle has been accurised by Dave Wylde (aka Baldie) of Valkyrie Rifles and as such shoots better than I do. He also fitted a badger style bolt knob. The total cost of the work was £275.

I just popped out and shot a 5 shot group and its ½ MOA with hand loads. Im sure it could do better in the right hands as I dont shoot often enough!

The rifle has a 20 5/8x18 threaded barrel and comes with a 20MOA Tier One action rail.

The rifle is in good condition and the round count is around 350.

Bipod, scope and mounts pictured are not included.

The moderator pictured is an ASE UTRA jet-Z CQB and is not included but is for sale here http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/33013-223-ase-utra-jet-z-cqb-moderator/

Looking for £650.

Item is for sale elsewhere

P1020792.jpg

image hosting site

P1020794.jpg

image url upload

IMG_2330.jpg

image hosting over 2mb

what's "accurised"?

There's a great article spread over a number of 2011 target shooter magazines where Laurie Holland goes through the entire process of taking a stock .223 remington 700 SPS from a factory rifle to a real tack driver. In the article he takes the rifle to Dave to be accurised and is very impressed with the results. This article is what lead me to Dave in the first place. In summary the work includes:

"Re-face and re-crown the muzzle with a proper recessed target crown.

Lap the bolt lugs against the receiver locking surfaces to improve their fit and hopefully provide the same amount of contact area for each lug

Adjust the trigger for a lighter pull and clean/polish the bolt body interior and firing pin tip to ensure consistent primer strike

Lap the receiver bolt raceways to give smoother, easier operation, the bolt, timing and extractor mechanism checked/faults rectified; the ejector-pin polished to improve case ejection."

There's a great article spread over a number of 2011 target shooter magazines where Laurie Holland goes through the entire process of taking a stock .223 remington 700 SPS from a factory rifle to a real tack driver. In the article he takes the rifle to Dave to be accurised and is very impressed with the results. This article is what lead me to Dave in the first place. In summary the work includes:

"Re-face and re-crown the muzzle with a proper recessed target crown.

Lap the bolt lugs against the receiver locking surfaces to improve their fit and hopefully provide the same amount of contact area for each lug

Adjust the trigger for a lighter pull and clean/polish the bolt body interior and firing pin tip to ensure consistent primer strike

Lap the receiver bolt raceways to give smoother, easier operation, the bolt, timing and extractor mechanism checked/faults rectified; the ejector-pin polished to improve case ejection."

Thanks for clarifying

Archived