Ansuchatz 1730

Don't know about the 17h but I had one in 222 and loved the rifle except the wing safety that fouled on the bottom of the scope with low mounts. Worth checking this aspect out first though the wing could probably be reduced somewhat

The safety is a rotating clip on the bolt, for a RH shot I always found it awkward to use.

The one I had (1712 in 22LR) locked at the back of the bolt only, however looking at the current 223 build specs this may have been changed, something to check.

There is one here already done, quite cheap considering the price of a barrell and fitting.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/anschutz-1730-17-hornet-rifles/rifles/687927

Another look suggests its been sold, not surprised at that money.

A

The safety is a rotating clip on the bolt, for a RH shot I always found it awkward to use.

The one I had (1712 in 22LR) locked at the back of the bolt only, however looking at the current 223 build specs this may have been changed, something to check.

There is one here already done, quite cheap considering the price of a barrell and fitting.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/anschutz-1730-17-hornet-rifles/rifles/687927

Another look suggests its been sold, not surprised at that money.

A

Darn mist it was it a converted 1730 ? What sort of price was it?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have the chance of one of these in .22 hornet does anyone now if this would make a sutable donor action for a .17 hornet build.

Cheers

yes had one in 17 ackley hornet,very good action with a good trigger,if you haven't got a smith in mind give Richard pope a ring at swift rifles he built mine

atb paul

Thanks guys all this is invaluable to me.

I've now purchased a tired 1730 in .22 hornet and will be updateing on hear with its progress!!!

in the meantime does anyone no were I can get spare mags for the action even a larger capacity one would be nice.

Cheers

Archived