game dealer prices

When I was culling in Scotland a year or two ago and the estate was getting 50p Per llb for reds from a dealer , all of which was sent over to Belgium. :lol:

Guest northernchris

Gone are the days of the dealer money covering the fuel :lol: that which promotes growth and vigour we used to get paided to cull in the Killin area by EFG/Tillhill :lol:

I rarely bother taking deer carcasses to the butchers around here, they barely make it worth while. However rabbits skinned & gutted get between £1.25-£1.75 each. With most nights between 50-100 in the bag, I'm finding these far more profitable.

Funky can you send the contact. PM if you prefer.

Rabbits with skins on struggle to sell for a quid, people just can't be arsed. Different thing if you fully sort it for them £1.50 - £1.75 seems the rate.

Saw some the other week at a farmers market and around the chest area they were black. I couldn't see anybody buying those as they did not look appetising at all.

I find rabbits are much the same as pheasants, like mentioned unless you make it look like their from a supermarket people don't buy them. I takes me about three minuets a rabbit to gut, skin, joint, wash and bag increasing the price from 50p to £1.50! An hourly rate of £20 an hour ain't too bad for a student!

£100+ a night for rabbits is hardly scraping around.............

Yes I can get £1 a a pound for roe, but the nearest dealer that will take them in a quantity a month is nearly a 50 mile round trip at the moment. Time and fuel prices makes this really not worth while. I can shift a few to local butchers, but most have more than plentiful supply, unlike cleaned rabbits which they will always take in any quantity. Most of the deer I shoot go to people locally in the area. The difference being friends and connections will collect from where I live, making the profit margin almost 100%.

Anyway what is with this scepticism I keep on receiving on this board. People are more than welcome to send me a PM and arrange to come stalking with me for free (as many members know); I just appreciate transport lifts in return.

I was wondering what prices people get for there carcasses,weighed in to there game dealer ????

80 pence a lb for fallow and take a munty off your hands at £3 a time as long as there's at least two or three fallow to pick up.

Guest rogern

Last year 0.80p lb fallow, 0.75p lb red

Headshot rabbits 0.80p each collected, no gutting or skinning, just lob them in the freezer and when I've got 50 he will collect.

(Shropshire)

Rogern, surprised you dont gut them before freezing.

Once heard a tale of them being sent to france not frozen or gutted :)

I find the meat goes green where the stomachs been if you dont gut straightaway.

hi pete i get £30 for roe carcass any size my butcher has all my deer dont eat 2 much venison so it is good to know i can sell them last years animals paid a good way to my syndicate rent got £100 for the red carcass just glad to sell it

Looks like up here in Grampain we are getting one of the best prices. Not often the jocks get the better deal :);):lol:

No deer here unfortunately, but rabbits are a quid gutted and skinned so they can poke it. Oddly, my work have aproached me for 20 rabbits, and 15 pigeons, for some kind of `do` with organic food. They want to give me about 60 quid :D With any luck it will be a regular occurance.

i dunnoe what game dealers here are giving...im in Angus/Tayside and not far form aquahollie...so dunnoe the differences between grampian and here as short a distance as it is.

i dont shoot too many beasts a year and i keep all of em and butcher them up and vacum pack all burgers sausages mince diced whatever.... keep it in the freezer labelled up ...can always tell whats in bottom o the freezer

just bought another mincer and a new sausage stuffer and its the dogs danglies!!!! ;)

just as well i love vension burgers!

sauer

Archived