Remmy X-Mark pro trigger

Guest James@Scarborough

Guest James@Scarborough

Anyone got one of these, or tuned/adjusted one before? I could do with a little advise to make sure I'm doing it right :unsure: .

Thanks

James

Guest Tiff

If you google it you will come up with a host of information with pictures and diagrams. They are ok to adjust, but only the old remy units that seem easy to break the glue on the screws, all the new triggers I've seen seem to have an almost superglue like substance on. If you soften it with a bit of acetone (nail varnish remover) it should soften well enough to remove and allow you to get the allen key in.

Guest James@Scarborough

I've had a look on Google, and there is plenty of info on the old triggers, but very little on the new ones. I have found a short post saying that you only need to adjust one screw, but I am not certain it was the right one. I have made a slight adjustment, and found that about once in every 20 times the gun is cocked, when the bolt handle is pushed down it fires. As I'm sure you will agree, this is not good at all, and I was just wondering if any of you guys had an idea if I have done something wrong, or if it would just be best to return it to it's original setting and put up with it being a bit on the heavy side.

Tap out the two retaining pins on the unit.Lay it on top of the vice.....then ###### it with a 7lb lump hammer.Best adjustment it will ever see.

Biggest pile of shite , remington ever produced, and bloody unsafe when adjusted too low.if you want an old style trigger, we have a boxful at £25 +vat and post.

The adjustments are glued up for a reason...when you adjust them, they make the unit erratic.Best i,ve achieved was just under a safe 3lbs....most wont go this low, and remain safe.

Guest northernchris

Dave like your style mate,but i would say use at least a 10lb lump hammer just to make sure it was very dead :huh: They are on par with the old "gat" i had when i was a lad :unsure:

Guest James@Scarborough
Tap out the two retaining pins on the unit.Lay it on top of the vice.....then ###### it with a 7lb lump hammer.Best adjustment it will ever see.

Biggest pile of shite , remington ever produced, and bloody unsafe when adjusted too low.if you want an old style trigger, we have a boxful at £25 +vat and post.

The adjustments are glued up for a reason...when you adjust them, they make the unit erratic.Best i,ve achieved was just under a safe 3lbs....most wont go this low, and remain safe.

O.k so I take out the trigger, and smash it to bits. Can I get a replacement trigger for a left handed rifle? :lol: Does anyone know if Timney do one, or do you have an old style one in left hand? I was trying to avoid spending more money on the gun as I've only had it a couple of weeks and fired about a dozen shots through it, :lol: but if it has to be done the so be it :lol: .

Guest James@Scarborough
Yep, i,m fairly certain i have a new std l/h trigger on the shelf.Jewell also do one.

Can you make sure for me, and let me know total cost mate please? Also is it possible for you to pre set it to 2.5lb as I don't really want to mess about and compromise safety?

I,m fairly certain i have one hung up, i will check this week. However, i cant set it up to a certain weight, without your rifle, as every bolt engagement is different.What is safe in the workshop on a donor rifle, may well not be safe on your gun.

Guest James@Scarborough

Now sorted. It turns out I had just over done it. It's pefect now, I can hold a nice steady shot at 250yds :) .

Archived