Quickload question

Foxshooter

A couple of questions relating to Quickload.

Do the update discs for quickload contain the whole program or just some updated files?

How much do you have to pay in the UK for an update disc (yes I know you will need a serial number to be able to buy one).

Can the update discs be used to update multiple registered copies of the software?

How often do the updates get issued? The update disc I have is dated Jan 2016

Cheers

Mark

I had an interesting conversation with the supplier/agent about this subject.

There are two types of update: an update disc and an upgrade disc. The two are very different. An update disc contains only update files and simply updates the existing program loaded on your PC or Mac. For example, the latest update includes Reloader Swiss data. Therefore, it won load on a PC that doesn't already have Quickload installed.

These discs cost £15.

The second type of update, the upgrade, completely updates your disc and to do this you send the disc away and it comes back as a new install. You have to do this if you want to re-install the program on a Windows 10 PC because the existing discs fails to fully install. It's ok if you Quickload on a Windows 7 or 8 PC and upgrade to Windows 10.

When you by Quickload the serial number is yours and you can load it on any PC in your possession.

The latest update is July 2015.

HTH

Cheers for the information.

There must be a new update out as the disc I was given by the supplier is Jan 2016. Its only an update disc so if its of any interest to anyone then PM me

Mark

Archived