Tikka barrel profiles and factory stocks advice?

tikkat3tac

I have a Tikka tactical 223 and a tikka super varmint 6.5x55.

The tactical has a Robertson composite tactical stock and I had a chassis system on the 6.5x55 but put it back in factory trim recently.

Decided to try the tactical stock on the 6.5x55 and the factory super varmint on the 233.

While the actions fitted quite well, the barrel channels were not right.

Doesn't that mean that the super varmint factory stock and tikka tactical factory stocks are different?

I was hoping to pick up a factory stock for the tactical and thought any of the factory composite stocks from the varmint, super varmint or tactical would fit.

Anyone else have experience with them?

I always believed they were the same dimensions.

What exactly was the problem?

Yeah, me too.

The tactical barrel in the super varmint factory stock was not floating as freely as the super varmint barrel was. Yet the super varmint barrel was tighter in the Robertson composite tactical stock from the 223

Recoil lug is fine in both.

I will get to measure them tomorrow. Learn something something new every day as I would have thought that the super varmint and tactical stock were identical.

Maybe I'm looking at them and optically expecting the profiles of the barrels to look the same in their respective stocks.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the factory oem parts numbers of the stock? Might be easy way to check

Archived