A damp nights foxing

6mmBR

We had planned another visit to see Andy whilst Ray was down but the weather was not looking good.

Andy had had a call from a pheasant syndicate who were having their birds delivered in a week and had spotted some foxes around there pens.

The phone rang lunch time to say we'd give it a go so we loaded up the car for the 60 mile drive to Andy's. The weather was holding so we thought a bit of afternoon varminting was in order.

We were over looking a field of cut silage and a barely field which had laid patches in it.

We set up and I took the first crow at 250 yds, Ray followed by knocking a few off a dead tree at 340 yds. The shooting was steady and we dodged showers, jumping in and out the car.

We continued shooting until 6.30 when the rain got a bit heavy so we retiered to the pub for some tea and to hopefully let the rain clear.

Well we sat in the pub and tucked into a great plate of curry/rice and chips :lol: and a few soft drinks as we were shooting and driving.

10pm came and the break in the weather arrived so off we went to meet up at the farm where one of the lads was waiting with a pick up.

There was still some light rain in the air so I was up first to shoot as Ray didn't want to get his gun wet :):mad::lol:

We set off to the a field close to the first pen, Andy started to call and a fox popped out of the cover surrounding the field edge. The 6 BR making short work of it. Drifting off subject a bit, I do like the illuminated NP-2DD ret on my night force for this kind of work, that red dot makes target aquisition very quick and easy.

Off we went to another area of the shoot, Andy started calling. Well eyes appeared every where, we got stuck into a bit of action. We cleaned up 4 foxes in very short order, less than a couple of hundred yards from the wood where the other pens were. These would of been a a real problem to the young polts ;)

Anyway the rain stopped so the Toyminator emerged from the cab to have a shot :D we went back over to the first pen to have another call again 2 sets of eyes appeared as soon as Andy started to call.

Ray sadly missed the first bugger but made short work of the 2nd. We went on to another farm and nothing showed so at 1.30 am we called it a night.

the evening finnished on 6 foxes so the lads were chuffed, I think Andy will pop up in the week and mop up the last few.

DSCF0640.jpg

The other foxes were not such a pretty sight V max and fur doesn't mix B)

I think Ray has had a good week and him and Andy have made good friends.

DSCF3243.jpg

Well Andy mate thanks again for everything, you've helped me big time in making Rays week and I've had a ball along the way aswell.

Will be in touch in the week to sort out the next trip :D

Thanks again

Dave

To say you boys have had a good time would be an under statement i think???

The reading and the photos have been bloody fantastic!!!!

Dave, I spoke to ray on the phone the other day and i think that he was still on cloud nine :mad:

Man i think that you could start your own business ( Welsh safaries :) )

All the best boys, Darrel

Was sure a cracking night Dave despite the heavy winds and accasional rain!!!!! :mad:

Hi Darrel , You are right mate!! , i have had a hell of a time thanks to Daves . Andys and their friends kindness!!!! :):lol:

Its been a rolercoaster ride and it just goes to show what kind of guys we have on here!! always willing to help / always a good laugh / and are soooo generous to invite you out and share a hobby we all enjoy..... VARMINTING!!!! :D:D

So Dave and Andy " A VERY BIG THANKYOU " from a very happy Cornishman!!! ;)B):D

Oh yes Andy , thanks for my jumper to mark this awesome visit to Wales to meet you guys.......DSCF3247.jpgDSCF3246.jpg

Was a pleasure to shoot with you all , thanks again...........

All the best......................

RAY....................................... :lol::D

To say you boys have had a good time would be an under statement i think???

The reading and the photos have been bloody fantastic!!!!

Dave, I spoke to ray on the phone the other day and i think that he was still on cloud nine :)

Man i think that you could start your own business ( Welsh safaries B) )

All the best boys, Darrel

Now there's a thought Darrel ;)

Thanks for the reply but I don't think I'll give up my day job to become a "Welsh Fruit slayer's" guide just yet :mad:

Cheers

Dave

Ray it was great to have you down buddy, its a shame we cant post the conversations we had over dinner or whilst out foxing, :lol::lol:

The three of us really had the crack, As I said to you if you ever want to come down for a weekend get on the train and bring plenty of ammo ;)

Hopefully if I get down to Keiths I will give you a shout and go for a curry .

Will send PDA and shirt down to you when it comes.

Have a good one mate , do yourself a favour and see if you can tighten that 6mmppc grouping up a bit :lol::lol:

Email me your address

Cheers PARD :D

Hi Ray,

Glad to see you have enjoyed your holiday, Debbie is here with us and has a few damp nights planned for you when you get home, some how I dont think you will see any foxes though.

The rifles will be locked away gathering dust, The Toyminator will become The Sperminator, hope you have been saving you strength.

See you when your aloud out to play again.

Cheers,

Keith...................

Kieth there was Ray telling Dave and my self that he does what he wants ,when he wants :lol::lol:

So he has got another week of putting more shots down the Tube :lol:

And Ray ,forgoodness sake if she says "Shall I get the Rabbit out for a bit of fun ", dont go and get your wind meter and drop chart out. :lol:;):D

Boys,

Debbie has said that she does not need a rampant rabbit as Ray is more than up to the job !!!!!!!

After reading that Ray missed the fox lets hope Ray is a better shot with his Pistol!!!!!!!!!

Good Hunting Ray....

Cheers.

Keith........

Dave why have you got your hand down your trousers and a load of empty DVD boxes and tissues on the table? ;)

And are the positions on the film so wierd that Ray is trying to get a better VIEW :):lol::o

Ray was in position for the dog to give him a BJ ;):)

Dave

You know what they say don"t ya Dave!!

Once you have black you don"t turn back!!!!!!! ( its the silky ears that does it for me!! - but mind them sharp teeth!! ) :lol::o

And Nigel thanks for the offer buddy , but in all seriousness - i know from what you say , how painfull that is!!! :(:(

Take care buddy - see you soon............ :D:D

All the best.....................

RAY................................. ;):D

Dave why have you got your hand down your trousers and a load of empty DVD boxes and tissues on the table? :)

And are the positions on the film so wierd that Ray is trying to get a better VIEW :lol::o:D

:D;):D I hope that dog has a soft mouth for retrieving ;)

Archived