Keeping warm up a hi seat?

longbow3

Lots of layers , sat in German high seat over night once at minus 21 and had three layers on but the best have found are ansitzsak . Like a three quarter length sleeping bag with shoulder straps so you half wear / half sit in . Really good if you are sitting still for a while and upper body still free to move around . German outfitters should be able to supply cheers Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Invest a couple of quid in a foam seating pad to keep the cold of the seat out of your nethers. Try a gardener's kneeling pad, or an old kip mat or exercise mat cut to appropriate size.

maximus otter

Don't under estimate this bit as I have a bit on my "battle belt" and it makes things so much more comfortable.

This should get a chuckle or two.

I use an old sleeping bag, I roll it up and carry it across the top of my slim rucksack and pop it on if I need it once I'm in the high seat.

As I wear glasses, they tend to steam up if I’m over-layered while I’m walking to the high seat.

Works a treat for me and didn’t cost a lot.

This all said, other shooting snobs in the team do take the piss a bit but it keeps me warm and doesn’t interfere with my shooting, so I’m not bothered.

Archived