Shot Out

6mmBR

Well another good day out yesterday saw Ray emptying out all his ammo :) . I think they say its time to take an early bath :D

The bunnies were showing themselves well last night and the shooting was not far off continuous.

The steep angles caught Ray out a bit but he soon got the hang of it, I spent an enjoable afternoon doing a bit of spotting.

DSCF3218.jpg

Rays ammo was going down rapidly with some good shooting out to 350 yards. I think he missed the same magpie 3 times :rolleyes:

DSCF3216.jpg

I managed a nice crow at 225 yards across the cliffs, the Vmax really spoiling his day.

After a couple of hours the action slowed up so we moved down to the base of the cliff to shoot back into it. That strong wind also had started to drop off a bit and we could stretch the distance out a bit taking bunnies out to 300 yards.

I was chuffed Ray spotted a pair of feeding bunnies at 406 yards, figures went into Exbal and I took aim.

I hit the first rabbit slightly high sending it sprawling the 2nd one just sat there, I knocked off one click and sent him into orbit.

By now Ray was down to his last round when we spotted a rabbit high up on the rocks at 350 yards, we popped in the correction and Ray took aim.

DSCF3226.jpg

He squeezed the trigger and the rabbit dissapeared in a cloud of fur and dust. An excellent result with his last round. At that point we thought it fitting to have an earlier finnish.

Well I'm glad I told Ray to bring his loading dies with him, shot out after 3 days would have ment an early end to his shooting week :(

Anyway 58 Vmax purchased this morning and Rays been cranking out rounds like fury so we can have another crack tonight :D

Well guys I think Rays enjoying himself :ph34r:

Further exploits to be published as they happen :P

We've still got 6 days to go and another visit to Nemasis.243 on Friday, so watch this space.

Cheers

Dave

Great report that. Sounds like ye're both having lots of fun terrorising the local vermin population lol. Tell ye something, that's some beautiful countryside in the photos, very lucky indeed to be shooting there :ph34r:

Guest varmartin

:lol: ...you boys are causing havoc in them there hills, good going.

Ray ...you did pre order that second Kreiger barrel ?? didnt you ?

nice going there guys at the rate of ammo ray is burning through your going to need air supplys soon some lovely views there and i bet some cracking shooting being done

all the best to you with the rest of the trip

Well a big thanks guys for your best wishes and sence of humour!!!! :lol::D

Having a awesome time thanks to Dave / Andy and his mates!!!! ^_^:D

Had a cracking time shooting at angles up and up down those cliffs , was great to finnish off my last round on that bunnie at 350yds high on that cliff top!!!! :)

Now reloaded another 80 rounds for the 6PPC so ready to go again!!!!! :D:D

All the best.......................

RAY................................... :D:D

Well done guys

looks a real hoot :lol:

Archived