Poor fellas

ejg223

My son had a downhill bike race in county Kerry, two days...

My wife went to watch the tennis at Wimbledon, so I had to drive.

Thank god I have a few farms I can shoot down there, about two miles from the race.

First day I checked a fenced plantation if any deer had entered seemed all clear.

I chased around a few grey crows for quite a while, missed at 320m wind was quiet blustery.

Didn't miss at 120m :D the 22-250 emptied the crow.

Image162.jpg

Next day, driving the dirt road up the hill to the farm a Sika Doe was watching me.

DSCN1488.jpg

I'll remember that spot.

Later I walked up the hill where the farmer has a few grass patches before it turns boggy. Might be

accessible by quad but thats it. Looking into the valley a small patch didn't seem right, it was a fox cub

sleeping. I left the bipod in the car to save of weight which meant it was a bit awkward going prone.

Shot, and lost the sight for a sec and didn't find the fox anymore. The thud sounded right.

I waited a bit and all of a sudden a fox stood up and walked around, I was confused. Another thud

but this time I saw it lying.

Went down to check. One cub was lying to the left another was head down in the fox hole stone dead

and a third was looking at me from inside the fox hole and he vanished quickly down the hole.

I tossed the cubs in the ditch and went on. On the way back I passed the place that I shot from,

wasn't the third one out for a look. thud.

I don't enjoy shooting the liitle fellas, but the farmer looses quite a few lambs every year.

edi

Image163.jpg

I agree not nice having to shoot them but they have to be dealt with sooner or later. I have three dens on my ground and this year they were all occupied. That measns it went from a possible 6 adults to maybe 21 head of fox. If there not dealt with thats a fair few mouths that need fed. :P

Great shooting by the way. :D

ATB

Ads

Nice one dude!!!

This time last year i drove my son to london from wales, He stayed at a hotel ready for the tennis the next day and i drove up to nottingham to stay with my brother for the night,,

Then back to london to pick him up the next evening,,, What a nightmare???

Looks like some smart countryside there my mate!!

Glad to hear that you had a good time,, and good pics aswell

All the best from Wales Darrel

Thanks Ads & Darrel,

that area is one of the most beautiful places I shoot.

Took this picture half way up the valley in winter. I can also shoot the next valley to the right.

DSCN1071.jpg

Further down it gets quite steep and rough. A good friend of mine with a sika.

Image108.jpg

edi

Guest brieny1000
Thanks Ads & Darrel,

that area is one of the most beautiful places I shoot.

Took this picture half way up the valley in winter. I can also shoot the next valley to the right.

DSCN1071.jpg

Further down it gets quite steep and rough. A good friend of mine with a sika.

Image108.jpg

edi :lol:

good shooting edi, hope you kept the wings and tails for danos freezer... :lol:

good shooting edi, hope you kept the wings and tails for danos freezer... :lol:

Thanks Paul, why do you have to show the tails? I just tell em what I got. :lol:

About time you throw up a few photos, your scope OK again?

Thanks Nemasis,

I try to stay in the good books with these farmers.

edi

ejg223

Well done, its been a long time since i shot a grey crow, several years infact, so i would like to say thanks for that, it's given me a warm feeling inside after seeing your picture of one busted up so nicely. :)

cheers

chris :ph34r:

Guest brieny1000
Thanks Paul, why do you have to show the tails? I just tell em what I got. :)

About time you throw up a few photos, your scope OK again?

Thanks Nemasis,

I try to stay in the good books with these farmers.

edi

im only just getting the hang of turning the computer on at the moment so posting photos

are the next step. scope is mounted but not zeroed propper yet.every time i go at it a

gale blows up. having good fun wit the 22lr at the moment, couple of farms that "had"

a problem wit bunnies :lol:^_^

im only just getting the hang of turning the computer on at the moment so posting photos

are the next step. scope is mounted but not zeroed propper yet.every time i go at it a

gale blows up. having good fun wit the 22lr at the moment, couple of farms that "had"

a problem wit bunnies :lol:^_^

Paul,

This eve foxes would just not react to calls in some places. In two places they came running in

like mad. Missed one off a pallet on its side. Knocked the other.

Just zero the rifle dead on in the wind.

Chris, them grey's are sometimes so clever but after a while they make a mistake.

Shot one with the shotty out of the passenger window on sunday, had to watch out for

the mirror. Reminded me of my sergent who once blew off the side mirror of my unimog with

his G3. (from inside)

edi

Archived