Hi Guys

some questions:-)

just put in a varitaion for .204

I fancy something real short & stubby & easy to poke out the car truck window for crow & vermin bashing out to say 250 yds or so!

Id like it short real short ifr possible like 18"ish

Id run a p8 compact mod so i should be nice & compact & easy to move around in the truck!

not to woried about fps loss if its only around 2-300fps

Im not intrested in firing the heavy rounds as if i want to throw more lead ill use the 243Ai so what sort of twist for a 32g pill would be optimal?

also i see varying amounts of rifle lands listed 3-6 & wonderd what would be better if at all!??

this will be a cheap no frills build for a Knock around rifle bunged in a el cheapo bell carlson or the like & painted black or duracoated!

lastley does anyone have a suitable action/shot out rifle that they want to sell?:-)

cheers ANdy

All factory barrels are 1 in 12" buddy, and will shoot the 32 grain bullet perfectly.None of them will shoot the the 40 grain ones though. If you are building one, get a 1 in 11" or even a 1 in 10", they will still do the 32,s , but give you the option of the 40,s and 45,s if needed. [The 39 blitzking is a very accurate, and destructive bullet ].

if you cut it down to 18" it will lose a lot more than a couple of hundred fps I cut my ruger from 26" to 22" and it ran the factory ammo at 4100 ish, from the 26" tube. At 22" the same load dropped to 3800 ish.

The cartridge is like the 22-250...its overbored, and needs some barrel to get the best from it.

If i can find a cheapish action ill have it rebarreld so ill have the choice of twists so i guess ur right at least i would have the choice of using the heavy stuff:-P

Found this since i posted this thread

http://www.bullberry.com/204Rugerdata.html

I supose it depends on what powder u use to a point aswell on fps lost!

cheers Andy

Archived