Lead fowling percussion damage to magnaspeed chrono?

jungle_re

Had a weird one this weekend. Shooting at the round house a bit of load development and drop work and damaged my magna speed chrono.

Im fairly anal with setting it up and had already tested both a fast 300 win mag load and factory 233 with a spangly roofer muzzle brake with no problem minutes earlier. this was the first time id used it on the .44 rem mag marlin, set up as normal with the measuring rod, tightened it up nicely so it didnt move re checked clearance with the bar. Upon firing something caused the bayonet to move forward and hang off the end though still attached the wedding had been pulled off, a small piece had been broken off the side and the top plate was now a little loose. Now i stubble to see how a 6gr bullseye load would created a bigger pressure wave than the other rifles so I'm kinda ruling it out and there is no way in my mind the bullet made contact as insure the 240gr lead sw would had obliterated the magnospeed. The only other thing any of us could think of on the day was possible leading or the blue bullet seals coming out of the barrel end? Any other suggestions?

The only positive outcome was despite the damage it still functions. i tried on the win mag again and it worked fine and same speed as previously

Archived