Re-Loading Prvi Partisan cases

badsworth

Has anyone tried re-loading Prvi Partisan cases? Is the brass of reasonable quality?

I have a .25-06 on order (don't get me going about importing SAKO's) and the cost of 100 complete rounds is only about 25% more than buying 100 Remington once fired cases. I am tempted to give them a try when my Remington cases are worn out.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

B

Some say they are made on the same machines as Lapua.

I used to use them and liked them especially the price. I bought loaded rounds and then used the brass. I must have got a bad batch and started getting unexplained flyers. When I checked the case weights they were all over the place. It's a while ago but I think it was something like 7 grains from one extreme to the other. On the same scales Lapua was something like 1.5 grains. :ph34r:

I now stick with Lapua but I know others love the Prvi stuff.

Some say they are made on the same machines as Lapua.

I used to use them and liked them especially the price. I bought loaded rounds and then used the brass. I must have got a bad batch and started getting unexplained flyers. When I checked the case weights they were all over the place. It's a while ago but I think it was something like 7 grains from one extreme to the other. On the same scales Lapua was something like 1.5 grains. ;)

I now stick with Lapua but I know others love the Prvi stuff.

Thanks for that - that is just the kind of info I need.

Unfortunately Lapua don't sell .25-06 cases. I don't know if they sell the complete rounds.

B

Thanks for that - that is just the kind of info I need.

Unfortunately Lapua don't sell .25-06 cases. I don't know if they sell the complete rounds.

B

I have used Privi once fired cases in.243 [once fired in same rifle as I reloaded for] and had no problems.

Pete.

Archived