A new day has dawned

nemasis243

Well the start of this tale was a few months ago when I was invited up by 6MMBR to do some long range bunny bashin :P . Well to cut a long story short a new day had dawned and I fell in love with the sport and also the 6mmbr round.

So after some advice from a member on the site (Chris) who recommended a gun smith ,I decided to have a tikka 22/250 -590 rebarreled by DASHERMAN ;) in 6mmbr

Picked the gun up on Saturday but because of work didnt have a chance to shoot it till today,was invited up to 6MMBRS and did all the measuring and set the handloaded rounds to length tipped by an 87grn VMAX of deep joy :P

We boresited it and fired the first one through,it was about 1/2" off center,put a couple down then did the cleaning bit ,repeating this a few times,then shot a 3shot group,first 2 through the same hole and the third touching the other 2 B)

Happy wasnt the word as we had been shooting in a gusting breeze and I cudnt believe my eyes.

Dave(6MMBR) took his RPA out and destroyed a pigeon (again) at 168yrds.

Then we set off to look for a bunny or two.We got to the spot and had a scan, Dave took his other RPA 6.5x284 and made short work of a rabbit out at 153yrds but it was down below at a 20degree angle, his new Exbal and hand held PC sorted all the maths out and fair doos it was on the nail.

Then I Christened the new musketat a bunny at 150 ,it just blew the head clean off this very young rabbit :P

Next a pigeon landed out at 300 so it was a bit of Kentucky windage for me 10" to the right and 6" high :ph34r:,I sqweezed off and he went up in the air for a few feet and landed in an unhealthy manner ;)

Dave had a couple more shots tossing bits of fur here and there and everywhere ,then I lined up on a bunny out 163 at a down angle of 20degrees,sqweezed one off and the bunny did the 5ft pole vault over the hedge, a real flier.So I had a fantastic start with my new Smoke Pole and I would like to thank DASHER MAN for making a silk purse out of a pigs ear :D and also making me a very happy BUNNY. Your a top rate craftsman buddy and I take my hat off to you( wonder ifI get discount for saying that on the next one he does for me :D )

And also to 6MMBR who has given me so much info on the project and has always been there at the end of the phone when things dont go to plan ,cheers MATE ;)

I would like to ask Dave (6MMBR) to post some pics for the ones on the phone camera I took come out crap,.

If anyone is thinking of a BR, dont piss about ,get one , youll be gald you did ,cheers lads

Nice one Nemasis 243!!!! ;):lol:

Really looking forward to meeting you and your rifle!!!!! :D:lol:

Speak to you soon.......................

All the best..............

RAY.......................................... :D;)

Cheers for that Andy or should I say Nemasis6BR ;)

Glad it worked out grand, also you forgot to mention we were shooting in a 25mph wind which makes the hits all the more special.

I've just got in from work so will sort out some pics later.

Looking forward to Saturday :lol:

Dave

Sounds good.

What twist barrel did you decide on? I take it that the cartridges are feeding from the 22/250 magazine well?

After taking advice from 6MMBR and DASHERMAN (THE GUN SMITH WHO DID THE JOB)I went for a 1-8 twist so its for the heavy bombs ,beter for long distance :lol: .

Dasherman asked me to send some dummy rounds up and what ever he did the thing loads like a dream,its really slick ;) ,I have herd that some people have had difficulty with them loading but I must say its the nuts,

I am one happy camper :lol:

Pics as requested.

This is Andy preparing to launch a bunny 4 foot in the air with an 87 Vmax

DSCF0691.jpg

An one Andy took of me preparing to tackle a bunny at the base of the cliff.

DSCF0681.jpg

It was a great evening but the wind was horrific.

Cheers

Dave

Archived