Winchester p14 spares-conversion.

I have a sporterized winchester p14,it's now a 308 and was single feed due to the stock,I aquired an original box mag and floorplate,currently I have milled the stock out and fit the original box mag lifter and floorplate, I can get five rounds in it but I'm having feed issues, the 308 rounds don't fit right in the box mag and won't go through the cycling process. So does anyone know how to resolve the problem, I could get an original stock,but its shooting very good groups as is and the stock fits meet. I was thinking of getting another box mag and an original lifter and adapting but can't seem to find any. Any help links or a gunsmith who could do a professional job would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input and info guys.

I have searched the Internet for 1917 parts and not much joy in the UK.

I have spent quite a few hours retro fitting the arrangement of parts I have,with a file, hacksaw and grinder,I then managed to break the magazine spring,so in a mad panic and a trip to my local gunsmith they sourced me a remington floorplate spring,I ground it to fit the follower and floorplate,I can now get 6 308 rounds in the mag,the feed is nearly spot on apart from the odd round sliding forward in the box mag due to the friction of the round above it being chambered. I guess a bit less tension on the spring will solve this issue. Thanks again Andy

Archived