Hornady 50 gn vmax 223 loads needed

dwight

Hi there..My hornady reload hand book has gone missing due to moving house and i have one ordered but it is on backorder....

Has anyone got a hornady book handy and can give me the the data for 50gn v-max and vhitt n133 for .223..

Thanx

24.5g of vit133 and a 50vmax gets you around 3300/3350 if loaded close to but not touching the lands.No pressure signs in my rifle.You could also use Benchmark if you have any and 25g of that should give you the same.Personally I have moved onto 52amax heads, they still explode nicely for want of a better expression and you can get em in the post!!There are a lot of guys around here using very similar loads and no problems with pressure but if you are working near lands best to work it up to around my suggestion.take care Onehole.Oh by the way you look up the whole data on Hornadys web site I think???.

24.5g of vit133 and a 50vmax gets you around 3300/3350 if loaded close to but not touching the lands.No pressure signs in my rifle.You could also use Benchmark if you have any and 25g of that should give you the same.Personally I have moved onto 52amax heads, they still explode nicely for want of a better expression and you can get em in the post!!There are a lot of guys around here using very similar loads and no problems with pressure but if you are working near lands best to work it up to around my suggestion.take care Onehole.Oh by the way you look up the whole data on Hornadys web site I think???.

Sorry back again,Data is available on Vitavouri powder web site not Hornady and to save you looking the range for Vit133 and a 50g head is quoted as 24.1starting to 25.9 max.

Sorry back again,Data is available on Vitavouri powder web site not Hornady and to save you looking the range for Vit133 and a 50g head is quoted as 24.1starting to 25.9 max.

Thanks alot for the info...

Much appreciated

Rgds

Dwight

An added thought: You don't need a Hornady book for a Hornady 50 grain bullet. Data for a 50 grain will be the same -allowing for the variances you'd find from one gun to the next- regardless of who made the bullet. ~Andrew

2nd that onehole 25grn bechmark 52grn amax, and ...........................................................SAAMI LENGTH OF COURSE!!! :angry::D:lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I got that recipe from silent (25grn Benchmark over a 52grn A-Max). It's great in my rifle too :rolleyes:

What's the cartridge o.a.l for this load, please, can't find data on the Hodgons site for 52grainers.......

Archived