MIXING POWDER

nell

I wouldn't bother. They only time I do this is when I am at the dregs of one can, then I will mix it thoroughly with the second and shoot. If you do mix two new tubs of powder you can potentially run into two problems. The first is that now the seals are opened on both cans, which could allow for fouling of an external nature, secondly, What if one can is really messed up? Now you have two pounds of rotten powder instead of one; which you could have legitimately return to the retailer for a refund. My 2 cents worth...Andrew

Powder is made in batches maybe 1 ton or three tons, only after processing and testing go they decide what it is going to be, so mixing tubs from two batches is potentially lethal and all the manufacturers specifically tell you not to do it. I try to buy several tubs at a time from the same batch, then you can do as Andrew says and tip the dregs of one into the next new tub and shake it up a bit. Look on the bottom of the tub and there is a batch number there if in anyway different to the other tub dont mix them! and if they are from the same batch there is no advantage to mixing as they are the same.

Redfox

Check the batch numbers on the cans, they should match, in which case no problem just use one then the other. If they dont then run one can out, then load a few 10% low and work up as you would a new powder.

I would not recommend opening a can untill you intend to use it.

A

Archived