Deer Mounts

Guest 308Panther

Guest 308Panther

Here's some pics of the mounts I just got back from last fall's deer huntin....

Both bucks were dropped by me....

Buck 1 120 yrds DPMS Panther LR 308

Buck 2 25 ft Win 70 308

1st Buck

DSC07465_edited.jpg

2nd Buck

DadsBuck7348.jpg

Dad and Me...

DadandPatsBucks7358.jpg

1st Buck and 21lb Double Bearded Wild Turkey

DSC07464_edited.jpg

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

The deer mounts were done by the same guy...cost was 325 each,not bad....return time was 6 months ...Not bad either.

But its not quite as good as the one he did thats hangin in the towns barber shop...Thats how we found him.

The turkey was done by me and was actually a kit you can pick up at most outdoor hunt/fish/camp retailers....it was my first attempt at "taxidermy" and was supposed to be beard and tail only...I figured out a way to include the wings,by cutting some spacer boards and notching them so the wings fit in too.....Large turkey wings get ratty from draggin on the ground,and this guy must have been quite the scrapper too...

Next time I have a deer done....I will remember to have them work in the "Rut Neck"....They look so much more impressive w/the puffier neck.....

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

I hope that at sometime,or some point in your lives that you guys can make it over here to hunt.

It truly is a beautiful country.

There are some really beautiful creatures here too...And believe it or not there has been times where I find myself lookin thru a scope or the sights and I find myself thinkin do I really need to take its life right now,The freezer is full and I have no want for more meat...

Even if its somethin as small as a grey squirrel...

and the rifle barrel just seems to lower on its own.And ya let it go....

And before you all start thinkin I am gettin soft in the head,That has yet to happen to a Feral Cat or Coyote... :lol:

308Panther

Guest The Equaliser
The deer mounts were done by the same guy...cost was 325 each,not bad....return time was 6 months ...Not bad either.

But its not quite as good as the one he did thats hangin in the towns barber shop...Thats how we found him.

The turkey was done by me and was actually a kit you can pick up at most outdoor hunt/fish/camp retailers....it was my first attempt at "taxidermy" and was supposed to be beard and tail only...I figured out a way to include the wings,by cutting some spacer boards and notching them so the wings fit in too.....Large turkey wings get ratty from draggin on the ground,and this guy must have been quite the scrapper too...

Next time I have a deer done....I will remember to have them work in the "Rut Neck"....They look so much more impressive w/the puffier neck.....

308Panther

325 what? I presume you mean dollars what does it relate to in regard to stirling?

At the current exchange rate that works out at about £160.00 roughley then

Guest 308Panther
325 what? I presume you mean dollars what does it relate to in regard to stirling?

At the current exchange rate that works out at about £160.00 roughley then

Yes..That would be $325.

308Panther

Archived