What's the best rangefinder

n8ess

Considering buying a rangefinder, your opinions would be welcome.

Bees

well if cash is no problem get a

the normal choices would be

swaro the best by far

leica range finding bins

Leica 1200 Scan

Leica 900 Scan

well that how i see it any way.

right i will get my tin hat on and await the incoming

ATB

Colin :P

PS i use leica range finding bins

Leica CRF 1200 will do everything you want, has a degree of water resistance, will range out to 1200, is compact, 2000 "ranges" per battery and wont bust the bank.

leica range finding bins are good, but HEAVY!!! (and expencive)

"swaro the best by far" Yes they are, but for the extra loot they are just not worth it for most people, they are also heavyer and bulkyer.

Newcom?, un-needed for what you want.

Bushnell, s**t

Leupy, not much better than Bushnell.

p.s. I have a Leica 1200CRF bough AFTER haveing tryed all of the above out in the field

Until some scroat stole it a few weeks back, I had the Leica Lrf 1200 scan and liked it very much, they are now obsolete( still available in the States) The Crf 1200 is a fair few quid dearer although the latest model and looks like the Swaro one, more importantly you have to buy either the metric or the imperial version, it doesnt switch like my old one.

The Swarovski does switch from one to another, it is eight times mag ( the leica is 7x mag) and the current model is improved over last years, so I got one of those and have to say it is very good, it works even better than the Leica and ranges out to 1500yds too.

So I am happy with the Swaro and agree it is for the money the better of the two. There are one or two on here who can probably do you a good deal on the Swaro, just ask.

Redfox

Last year, I had a look through a Swaro rangefinder. Out the back of a country gunshop, ranged a hill at something like 1,600 yards. The glass was gobsmackingly clear and bright. The asking price was Euro 750 which is what my Sako Quad cost so....

This year, having heard so much about Leicas over the years and having looked through two and used one I went for a CRF 900 (I didn't need the 1200, but it's $100 more than the 900 FYI). I bought my CRF 900 on Ebay (USA so yards only model) and didn't get stung (for a change) by those glove loving KY fetishists at customs. It cost me, total including postage, USD $434 (worked out to Euro 280 at the time I believe) :lol: Did ask on the same day I looked through the Swaro last year how much the Leica was here, wait for it, Euro 650 (1200 model maybe I forget). Massive saving.

I did look for a Swaro at the same saving but had zero luck. The Swaro is the best I've seen but I can't justify that cost to be honest.

I can fully confirm, while it gave me faithfull service, the Nikon Prostaff 440 Laser rangefinder is not the best rangefinder out there :blink:

Archived