Bloody weather

typical isnt it,you wait untill the weekend and arrange with mates to go out and test a newly fitted barrel and run a few rifles through the chrono and what happens it bloody rains

Yup. Am working with a guy who wants to get into shooting, said we could go out this weekend if he had permission local to him, no problem plenty of rabbits and understanding landowners ;) It's blowing an absolute gale with thundery rain :P Tomorrows forecast is for the same yet Monday forecast is for perfect weather :D Don't really want to bring the guy out and have shots at targets (first) and rabbits later going all over the shop!

Yep crappy here too, lucky last night was real nice and I got out and bagged 2 foxes and a few other vermin, was supposed to go to the ranges tomorrow but looks like its gonna be the same as today, maybe stay in and make some nice timber ammo boxes :D

typical isnt it,you wait untill the weekend and arrange with mates to go out and test a newly fitted barrel and run a few rifles through the chrono and what happens it bloody rains

same hear ...ireland would be a grand country if we could roof it

the rain doesn't bother me as much as the wind. I still have my 223 loads to try out but haven't had a decent day to do it. Every time I try to take them out it is blustry wind.

At least last night I got out for a few hours. The wind kept the pigeons and crows moving around so I got a bunch of shooting in. I have a newly found faith in my 'new to me' uggie.

thanks

rick

Used to crack me up,at times,the number of shooters we didnt see at the

range when the weather turns bad.

They would be willing to hunt in bad weather....but not willing to shoot or practice in bad weather.

Rain or snow doesnt bother me,but when I start seein 20+ mph winds...

A warm fire and a cup of coffee sure do have thier appeal then.

308Panther your smack on there

I retract my earlier statement. Rain sucks pretty bad too. The wind calmed down a bit so I went for a walk through the fields with the 22. Within just a few minutes my jeans were soaked through the bone and my boots were 3 lb heavier with mud. My fault for not wearing my waterproof bottoms, but it still sucked. Ah well, there is always tomorrow.

thanks

rick

Blowing a gale here too, need a 338 win mag and 250gr bullets to buck the wind. :blink::lol::lol:

Redfox

Wasn't all bad for me, finished putting birds to the woods and went and had a couple of hours with the AR15 and had 11 crows and two rabbits on a fresh cut hayfield, nothing much over 150 yards though , the wind proved really difficult to read. Would probably have done better with the scattergun but nowadays I enjoy shooting rifles more.

Wasn't all bad for me, finished putting birds to the woods and went and had a couple of hours with the AR15 and had 11 crows and two rabbits on a fresh cut hayfield, nothing much over 150 yards though , the wind proved really difficult to read. Would probably have done better with the scattergun but nowadays I enjoy shooting rifles more.

ya hardie fecker

#### it, Off out soon to pick up Bruxie for a spot of Fox & Bunny bashing. Just got my 243 Ack set up with the new NXS and its tonight for the new scopes maiden voyage :blink:. See if i cant bag a few old charlie......Not looking forward to the shots though. Must be 50 MPH wind just now. :lol:

Ads

Im actually sitting here looking out of the window at the howling wind and rain thinking about the duck and goose season! yet its still 2 and a half months away and the geese wont be here till christmas :blink:

#### it, Off out soon to pick up Bruxie for a spot of Fox & Bunny bashing. Just got my 243 Ack set up with the new NXS and its tonight for the new scopes maiden voyage :blink:. See if i cant bag a few old charlie......Not looking forward to the shots though. Must be 50 MPH wind just now. :lol:

Ads

Ideal conditions for educating toby if you're not careful, sometimes better to wait for less wind as it's twice as difficult to read after dark.

Im sure i will be ok, I will just have to get them into the 50-75 yard range and give them the 87grainer :blink: . Been sat in all day with the kids and just need to get out and have some fun :lol: Not that sitting in the house all day with my four young wild kids aint fun :lol:

Ads

Im sure i will be ok, I will just have to get them into the 50-75 yard range and give them the 87grainer :blink: . Been sat in all day with the kids and just need to get out and have some fun :lol: Not that sitting in the house all day with my four young wild kids aint fun :lol:

Ads

Sounds like you've already had too much time at home with the wife if the size of your tribe is anything to go by. :lol:

[quote name='308Panther' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:40 AM' post='31775

I snuck out abit on Sat to take out a troublesome coon that has been raiding the dumpster at work.

There's even been a couple times he came into the shop and tried hasseling our night shift.

308Panther

:angry::D:lol::lol:

Dave :D

[quote name='308Panther' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:40 AM' post='31775

I snuck out abit on Sat to take out a troublesome coon that has been raiding the dumpster at work.

There's even been a couple times he came into the shop and tried hasseling our night shift.

308Panther

:lol::D:o:o

Dave :D

Dave,

Are you going to tell him or shall I ?

:angry::D:lol:

Archived