My new toy ( to me anyway ) .........

Was visiting silent souls with varmartin on a Sunday morning when they mentioned about guntrader on the net!!!

So as i have never looked at it before i had a look on silents computer!!

Could not beleave my eyes when i saw a custom Sako A1 chambered in 6PPC with a Border 22 inch 1 in 12 twist barrel / all bedded into a MCmillan cammo stock / 3 sets of Sako optilock mounts and a T8 reflex mod for £850!!!!!

Well i phoned first thing Monday morning expecting the rifle to be long gone but low and behold it was still there , so now i have purchased her!!! :lol:

It s early days yet and i have owned her just over a month and she looks promising!!!

It turns out to be a 270 neck which is ideal , as it is the same as my Krieger barreled PPC!!!!

First up was 58 V-maxs which she performs well with and have recently tried some Hornady 87 grain HPBTs which are deer legal for energy and show promise in the accuracy department!!!!

Here some photos.........................DSCF3116.jpgDSCF3118.jpg

She seems to be performing well at the moment but i plan to try some more varmint / deer legal hunting loads in the near future!!!

All the best......................

RAY.....................................

Was visiting silent souls with varmartin on a Sunday morning when they mentioned about guntrader on the net!!!

So as i have never looked at it before i had a look on silents computer!!

Could not beleave my eyes when i saw a custom Sako A1 chambered in 6PPC with a Border 22 inch 1 in 12 twist barrel / all bedded into a MCmillan cammo stock / 3 sets of Sako optilock mounts and a T8 reflex mod for £850!!!!!

Well i phoned first thing Monday morning expecting the rifle to be long gone but low and behold it was still there , so now i have purchased her!!! :lol:

It s early days yet and i have owned her just over a month and she looks promising!!!

It turns out to be a 270 neck which is ideal , as it is the same as my Krieger barreled PPC!!!!

First up was 58 V-maxs which she performs well with and have recently tried some Hornady 87 grain HPBTs which are deer legal for energy and show promise in the accuracy department!!!!

Here some photos.........................DSCF3116.jpgDSCF3118.jpg

She seems to be performing well at the moment but i plan to try some more varmint / deer legal hunting loads in the near future!!!

All the best......................

RAY.....................................

Try 65 Vmax, Lapua Brass, fed 205GM & 29 grains of N133 or H322 - I get 3400 fps out of my 22" 1-14 Nesika and sub 1/2 inch 200 yard groups!

The PPC is an awsome varmint & roe round.

Steve

There are some really good deals to be had on Guntrader for sure, I had a lightly used and lightly choked set of barrels for my Beretta last year for £150.

There are a couple of BAT SV .308 face actions on there as well at present, £1050 or so from memory, a bit dear maybe but they have been on there for some months.

A

Nice rifle ray, you do like youre ppc's dont you, hopefully I will add one to my cabinet at some point to see what all the fuss is about :o ps what scope is that on top????

Thanks for the replies guys!!!! :D :D

Dave yes i am definitely bringing old faithful with me ( i need all the help i can get :) ).........

Albertavarminter , thanks for the info :D - just to let you know i have another 6PPC which i have been running for a while now ..

Foxshot , as you have gathered i love the 6PPC - whether for Varmint / fox or deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;)

Oh yes the scope is a millet...................

Thanks again fellas and all the best.........................

RAY.......................................... :D;)

Archived