.22-250 .223

Cowsmart

hi cowsmart yes they are the same 224 ive been hand loading 22.250 for 35 years what are you using the 22.250 for if its for fox I use 50 gr vmax but if you want to load for both rifles 52 gr amax or fine if you want any help on h loading pm me cheers dave. ps there are no silly questions if you don't know ask I still do plenty of friendly chaps on here with an abundance of knowledge.

Yes.

Both the 22/250 and 223 have the same calibre (bullet diameter-224"). Bullets around 50g shoud be fine in both.

Given that the bullet is 224 diameter,what begins to differ in the 22/250 and 223 is whether the rifle has a fast enought twist in the rifling to stabilise heavier bullets- beyond about 55g.The heavier the bullet ,the faster the twist needed to stabiise. Factory 22/250 rifles typically are 1 in 14 twist.223 rem were at first more likely to be 1 in 12 twist,but currently 1 in 8 are available,stabilising bullets up to around 77g,and more-extending the 223r range considerably. (bullet weights are guidelines only wrt twist,but if you look in reloading manuals you will see few 22/250 loadings above 60g,while 223 will now go to 80g. (Custom fitted barrels can be in any twist).

50g bullets should stabilise in any available 22/250 or 223 rifle.Which bullets offer the best accuracy is a bit try and see,but A max are popular,and mid price range.(try 'Spud',on this site-see his ad).

gbal

Archived