.270 110gr v max

hi to all i shot a 270 for years till a started using a 25.06 i bought a 243 two years ago for the hinds mostly sika so i wanted to go back to the .270 for stags and the odd trip ,noting wrong with the 25 its just shooting a little lose now getting it re barreled and a mc millan stock its a 75 ..has any one shot a lot of 110 gr v max on deer ,necking and chesting think it would be a good hard hitting round regards john

The 110 vmax wouldn't be my choice, could be a bit

explosive if it hits bone and might deflect too easy.

A friend of mine gets on really well with 130 and 140gr NosBT's

in his 270.

Are you getting your rifle done in Ireland?

edi

i have used alot of the 110 gn v max in a 30.06 AI,

it is devastating and flat packs anything you point it at. at time damage can be pretty harsh, most of the time on chest shots in bigger deer it turns the entire contents of the chest cavity to soup.

to be honest where ever you put the 110gn er it will sit everything on its arse every time.

The 110 vmax wouldn't be my choice, could be a bit

explosive if it hits bone and might deflect too easy.

A friend of mine gets on really well with 130 and 140gr NosBT's

in his 270.

Are you getting your rifle done in Ireland?

edi

no uk steve kershaw , i have seen kill on sika with the 110 gr v max very explosive ,but we like that hear for low neck shots .,what we call the nest ,not a chest not a neck ..the deflect n would interest me ..thank you for the reply regards john

i have used alot of the 110 gn v max in a 30.06 AI,

it is devastating and flat packs anything you point it at. at time damage can be pretty harsh, most of the time on chest shots in bigger deer it turns the entire contents of the chest cavity to soup.

to be honest where ever you put the 110gn er it will sit everything on its arse every time.

soup is good will you get a exit when chesting stags.. you load n it .did not they did one for the .30 06 thx for the reply

Archived