Ruger 77

bri2506

Can anyone tell me if a ruger 77 should have a floating barrel. Just been doing some plinking with a friend who has a ruger 243 and its grouping is absolutely shocking. We ran some home loads that used to shoot respectable groups and some factory that all ways shoot well but now there all over the place. Like 2 inch plus
I ve given it a good cleaning. I ve checked scope, crown, mod everything. Only thing is that the barrel runs tight for 2 inch in the stock but looks like it was factory fit like that. Can anyone shed any light

Have you tried it without the mod on Keith and how many rounds has it had through it if it shot well before I doubt if it is anything to do with the barrel fit in the stock

Rgds mike

Mine was the same with the factory stock, from memory it also had a pressure point towards the muzzle. I free floated it and it improved

cheers for that. I'm going strip everything off it and do a complete rebuild tomorrow, see if it sorts it. It was shooting all right but it's just gone all to pot. Be something and nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Archived