BRNO ZKK 601

Just got a zkk601 in 308. Don't seem to be able to find much information about them. It has a 24" ish barrel and need to know the twist rate. So if anyone has favourite bullet weights or loads for one I would be most grateful. David.

I have a zkk 600 ...in .270 it will clover leaf with federal power shok...it is 39 years old now...they are hand made improved mauser actions...my one has the hair set trigger with straight blade..u push it foward to set it.. these are very very well built rifles....i have sent it off to be refurbished and stock worK done ..i cant wait to get my hands on it lol...post a pic -...post-11466-0-88611400-1437950282_thumb.jpg

Just got a zkk601 in 308. Don't seem to be able to find much information about them. It has a 24" ish barrel and need to know the twist rate. So if anyone has favourite bullet weights or loads for one I would be most grateful. David.

There's an article on the czub website in their 2015 yearbook- gives the history of all the zkk rifles. there's also quite a bit about zkk rifles on the nitroexpress forum.

• 3 weeks later...

David. Measure it. http://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/gunsmithing/how-to-determine-barrel-twist-rate/ Regards JCS

I was told about this method by Tony from Southport. It seems to work and came out at 1in 12 as I had expected. I am now looking at the stock as its a bad fit from the recoil lug outwards. Not enough wood to make it free floated. David

Also found this reference to them https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=tuVUMLRE47UC&pg=PA191&dq=zkk601&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=zkk601&f=false

Archived