Charlton Heston`s Gun Room

Wsm

Shame the room is so small, there doesn't seem to be much room left for any new toys :D

I shouldn`t think he`d be interested in any new toys to be honest :lol:

He died a few months back :lol:

Guest Beowulf

Wow that is a serious collection! He could have kitted out an army, some very nice pieces I must say. I thought at the time he died that it was a shame that the media could not find anything good to say about Charlton Heston. They seemed to repeat the same things over and over, 'He was a gun owner, Chairman of the NRA and he didn't like gays'. So there are worse things to be, typical press hype and lazy journalism playing on peoples fears. :D

I was privikedged enough to visit a collection in Bangkok and he has over 2000 sideplates engraved shotguns plus 3000 rifles of various sorts. The difference is this guy calls himself "super chi" collects all high end guns rather than anything military. He ran out of engraving ideas and one pair of italian shotgun he ordered it with snow white and the seven dwarfs ! I recall the gun vault was 5000 Sq feet and he stated the insurance value was US$15 million.........he competes in Trap for Thailand. Sorry I was not allowed to take photos.......

Thank you gents,

That was bloody fantastic !!!! Awesome ,,,,

Is the one at leeds open to all ?? or is it only certain people that can get in to see all those fine guns,,

Darrel

I dont think the pattern room was open to the public. The Leeds Armouries where the bulk of the weapons are now on display in a £42 million purpouse built storage facility is open to all

Archived