I picked my new 10x42s up at the weekend and have spent the last couple of days playing around with them.

What a fantastic pair of binoculars. Not only are the optics absolutely flawless (as you'd expect really) but the rangefinder works brilliantly too. I owned a pair of the first generation EL Ranges but the rangefinder in this second generation model seems to obtain a reading considerably faster. Yesterday in low light i was consistently ranging farm buildings over 2000 yards and smaller trees at 1500+.

Coupled with the new improved ergonomics and objective covers etc. this is an absolutely first rate package. Granted they do not have the inbuilt ballistics computer as found in the Leica but I think in most other areas they are superior. Anyone considering a new pair of range finding binoculars at the moment should definitely look at these.

I thought long and hard about the different options- in the end it was the Swarovski after sales support reputation that did it for me. I know from experience that if ever I have a problem with these Swarovski UK will sort it with a minimum of fuss.

• 1 month later...

Archived