sako mounts??

hi, i need a set of 1" med sako mounts to fit my 461 in .222 any ideas where to get please??? ta, richard.

hi rich

i have a pair of weaver basis for a sako L461,vixen they were on my 222 they fit over the tapper on the breach ,you can then fit standard mounts !.still in their orignal packets ,weaver pt nb is 67 and 65, pm me if your interested.

Talking of SAKO optilock mounts and for anyone fitting a set of these watch the rear base doesnt pull to one side thus steering your scope alignment out as the recoil stop pin position encourages the base to pull to the right if viewing from the rear of the action.A cure for this is to cut two equally sized small shims from a feeler guage and slide down each side of the dovetail rail whilst sliding the base on at the same time.A bit fiddly and some experimenting with shim thickness will be necessary but when you get it right you can retain or do away with the stop pin as the base will be unable to slide forward anyway.

In the majority of cases you can dial out this misalignment out with your scope but it is far better to have a properly centered scope to begin with and especially if you have a scope with limited windage travel.Hope all that makes some sense and will be of help to someone.I may get some flak but any sako out there with optilock bases and rings fitted at this moment aint got their scope on straight!!!????Gone to hide behind the sofa___Onehole.

Archived