LEM Case Cleaner

Ballistol

After the positive reviews on this product, and actually seeing one work, I took the plunge and bought one of these last week.

Although it does a decent enough job, I can't quite get it to perform as described or witnessed in that it takes about 40+ minutes to get the brass really clean.

I've tried all of the things I can think of as a a variable, i.e. No. of cases, amount of water, cleaning chemicals etc.

Watching it carefully, the cases don't appear to be circulating freely with the ones touching the outside of the bucket sticking whilst the ones closer to the centre are belting round.

Any tips or advice from users of this machine gratefully received.

Thats strange Gary ?

Mine does in them in 10 to 15 minutes. I use a squirt of washing up liquid and a dash of lemishine in warm water.

I tend to cover the cases with as much water again, so its not too deep.

You are using the supplied pins and not another brand ?

Thought the LEM case cleaner was for tumblers with stainless steel pins

It does use the supplied stainless steel pins, they measure 0.3mm diameter.

Can other users check the diameter of their pins for me please and confirm

The online literature I can find on magnetic polishers suggests sizes of 0.3, 0.4, or 0.5mm with the bigger sizes giving more abrasion which may be an option I can pursue as they are readily available.

Edit: When tested last night, I added .223 cases one at a time, they cam to a standstill when I got above 130.

The pins in mine sound about that size Gary, they are really fine.

I've had cases not moving, but it basically because there was too many in there. I tend to put around 150 .223 cases at a time in, and 100 .308,s. Doesn't sound a lot but they are clean very quickly and the next lot goes in. Give me a buzz later.

Archived