Non harris type fixing bipods

Hi guys

I have three weihrauch rifles 22 lr, 22 Wmr and a 222 all have the tulip type forend and screw stud

Had a near disaster on the 222, the two studs on the harris bipod that go into the stock stud pulled out and sent the rifle crashing to the ground nothing broke and the rifle was thankfully empty, all the fittings were tight and fitted on correctly ???

Any one know of a better system such as a picatinny rail that screws onto a stud that goes through the stock stud hole or something similar I have 6 rifles and my thoughts are to have them sorted with a new system. With scopes at 2k a pop can't really afford another mishap or worse

Cheers

Was it the stock fitting that came out? Is it possible you have over tightened and resulted in it coming away, the force (if thats the correct term) exerted on a stud when the bipod is tight is quite high and extra turns magnify this.

Obviously if the bipod failed ignore that.

You can fit a picatinny and atlas bipod or anschutz rail and another harris but it might look out of place on your stock.

Parker Hale or versapod might be a better option, buy a few stock mounts and share the bipod between them, bipod an be quickly removed when not needed

Cheers Guys

The bipod actually came out of the stud, the stud is a perfect fit, the two little plates with the knobs on go inside the stud and tighten up and lock up.

It just popped off for no reason they were tightened and fitted ok

Really don't won't another mishap, I think I will got down the multi base fitting and get a decent all round use bipod

Cheers. 6.5

Archived