remington stainless synthetic.223

moonfleet

hi all wondered what the thoughts are on above rifle think its called the sps

model sporter weight barrel basically I was wondering about accuracy I only wanmt it for foxing but I do want something accurate the reason I have been looking at this model is because its stainless and after market goodies are plentiful for remingtons custom stocks etc.

I've got one in sporter barrel configuration in 22-250. It's nice and handy but the tupperware quality stock is proving a bit of an issue with inconsistent grouping using a harris type bipod. So may be figure in an after-market fibre-glass or laminate stock, which is what I am now thinking about - plenty to choose from, as you say.

No opinion yet on whether I prefer my Tikka T3 (in 6.5x55) over the Remiington, but the Tikka does seem to handle better, as I think the stock dimensions, especially grip are larger than the SPS's and as I'm very tall and long armed and with big hands, the Tikka does seem to suit me better.

Make sure its had the free trigger safety fix if you buy it - Riflecraft are handling it on behalf of Remington in the UK - very fast turnaround when they did mine earlier this year.

thanks simon j I,ve got a Remington sps tactical which had the trigger replaced by rifle craft( 20 inch barrel) but wanted something sporter weight the stock isn't a problem as you know theres plenty of after market replacements to choose from . I had a look at this model Saturday only it was in .243 but I see what you mean about the stock.

Archived