RCBS 505 Scales

redding

Hi

Just opened the new set of RCBS 505 scales to do some reloads

I want to measure 41.75 grains, I cant see how to do it on these scales.

I have set the main slider to 40 grains and the middle slider to 1 grain, now heres the problem, the final slider has 0.10 grain increments so that means I cant set them to 41.75 grains, right?

Surely this cant be right and I am missing something

The way I see it is that I cant set them to weigh the 0.75 grain only 41.70 grains, if thats so then they are shite!

Yep,,,,measures to one tenth of a grain as smallest increment ,,,,do you need the half tenth?,,,,,O

So thats it, my charge weights are dictated by the markings on the scale, that is shite then, my cheapo reddings could be set to any charge weight I wanted.

So thats it, my charge weights are dictated by the markings on the scale, that is shite then, my cheapo reddings could be set to any charge weight I wanted.

What Redding scale did you have that measured to 1/100 of a grain?? Their current scales don't.

I've been reloading four decades and I don't remember ever seeing a scale that would measure to the 1/100 of grain -at least not in a beam scale. Frankly, it's entirely unnecessary to weigh to that degree, anyhow.~Andrew

Archived