THEY JUST HAD TO GO

nemasis243

As some other guys are getting phone calls to go and sort problems out, of late I have been very busy :D . I do vermin control on a number of chicken and turkey farms and yesterday afternoon had a call from three of them who had all seen foxes and cubs wondering around in the evening.

I left the house and picked up my buddy who is farm manager on one of the sites, we filled the new Kawasaki road leagal Mule up with juice and set off for a spin.

I would say we had around 1200 acres to cover so we were in for a long night :P , As soon as we went into the first field which had just been cleared of Silage we saw a fox in the corner of the field, we lined the mule up switched off the engine and took the shot , first one of the night a scabby old dog fox with a fair bit of mange,(did him a favour). ;)

It seemed that every other field we were going in had a fox about there and nothing seemed was worried about us chugging round on the mule.We come along a few litters of cubs which were accompanied by the vixon. Vixon first and then dispacted the cubs,

I know there are some among us who would rather leave these alone for later times in the year but on these places any fox has to go , poultry is their living and last week a fox got into one shed and killed 300 chickens in one night,very expensive for the farmer.

As we got to the last farm I was a little concerned that I only had 8 rnds left out of the 25 I took with me, the night started to get a little colder with a touch of rain and things started to slow down a bit,after another hour and a half and alot of calling we shot another 4 charlies on this piece of land which were all dogs,

A little strange as this was the place that we had been told had had a lot of cubs on.

Then the heavens opened and it was time to get back to were we had started from . :D

We had shot 3 vixons and 11cubs , the rest being dogs, so we had a total of 21 for the night.

As for shooting it was a great nite just a shame these young foxes had to go .

I had took some pics lads of all of them together ,but I have decided not to put them on here as the cubs are in bits and the wrong person veiwing this mite use these for ammo against us :D , I hope you can see were I am comming from :D

A very good nights fox control nemasis the barrel must have been red hot ,i am sure all those poultry owners will be well pleased,i can see where you come from as to the pics,if some of these people saw what damage they can cause perhaps they would see things in a diferent light,any how good going

Soon be time for a re-barrel at that rate Nem243 ;)

I share your sentiments regarding the cubs, but with your situation, sentiments can't come into it, again good call on the pic's

Cheers Steve

Archived