PROBLEM with my Die

nemasis243

Hi guys need some help with this one ;) , I recently bought some RCBS F/L 6MMBR dies from one of the guys on the site, I started to resize the brass I also purchased from him, When I took the case out I found a scrape on the case about 1.5mm wide about 2mm long just starting at the shoulder and coming back onto the case body.

When I looked at the brass I had bought I could see the same scape but not as harsh,you really had to look carefully to see it.

I reset the die and sized another case but the outcome was the same :D .

I tried to take a picture but my camera gave a photo which was to blured to show you ,

Any ideas lads , I have stripped the die and cleaned it and cant see anything up inside,.

I think that the guy I bought the dies didnt know anything about the scape ,as I said you really had to look very closely to see the mark , but when I did it it seemed to shave the brass a little.

cheers Andy

nemesis,

There is obviously a piece of grit imbedded in the die somewhere which will be impossible to remove.

Bin the die and cases and get some new ones, thay are not that expensive.

I have always thought it a false economy to buy S/H dies and brass for the sake of saving a few quid.

Ian.

Try again with some pictures and also try cleaning the die by soaking with copper fouling remover (whichever you use) soaking for 24 hrs. If a case has been stuck at some time there may be case material stuck to the die surface, it is certainly worth a try. If all else fails you can buy a new fl sizer die on its own.

Redfox

Archived