OCW - Load Development.

jay666d

A forum member pointed me in the direction of this method so I decided to read up on it...

After two whole days of reading, I've decided I will go down this route. At first I thought it seamed a bit complicated, but slowly I'm getting to grips with the idea.

Has anybody else got any experience with this method?

There's a thread running further down this page. To get consistency be systematic and keep good records . Use your own measuring gear .. different systems and gear may give differing results and make comparisons frustrating.

It helps in learning about your rifle and your shooting and to see the effects of changes and good advice.

Have fun

If you put the time in and follow the process to the letter the results will be awesome. I have used this method a lot in recent years. I could not get my 6.5x47 to shoot as well as I wanted until I used this method. I have now a rifle and a load that can out perform me. pics below of targets half way though the process.

post-52-0-17396800-1425670831_thumb.jpg My groups fired round robin with 1minute between shots

post-52-0-59891200-1425670857_thumb.jpg The final result

That's what I like to see! :-)

I've just been working out my load increments, so I already feel like I'm getting somewhere!

I'm going to use grid paper too... Much easier to see what's what! All your groups seem very close anyway... On plain paper that would of been a difficult one to call!

If you put the time in and follow the process to the letter the results will be awesome. I have used this method a lot in recent years. I could not get my 6.5x47 to shoot as well as I wanted until I used this method. I have now a rifle and a load that can out perform me. pics below of targets half way though the process.

attachicon.gif019.JPG My groups fired round robin with 1minute between shots

attachicon.gif023.JPG The final result

Do you chronograph each shot, or do you save that for when you have settled on a load?

Archived