A word of Caution

huntsman

Spoke to a friend tonight, who told me he was very fortunate to avoid serious injury. He was out doing a bit of target practice with his 270 win and 308win. When he accidentally loaded 308 rounds in his 270 double rifle.The Guy he was with luckily spot the mistake and asked him to check what was in it .

This man has been shooting all his life and he is very experienced in all forms of shooting and was very upset by his mistake.

A sobbering thought for us all !!

Dave

Guest steyrman2

hi dave that reminds me of 2 brothers were out with me setting there rifles one had a 243, and the other 270 i had set the 243 then went about setting 270 fired 3 shots fired the 4 on and there was a loud bang and smoke from the breach open it a 243 round had being put in by mistake it split the case and it was black from top to bottom for luck it did not hurt anyone but i wont for get it for a long time so now one rifle i cal on the bench at a time

Easily done when your with a bunch of mates shooting targets.

I have various calibres, but I only ever open one rifle case at a time and the ammunition is in boxes clearly marked so no mistakes.

Your friends mate has probably saved his life.

Archived