AR15 trigger recommendation

MrCetrizine

I'm after a new trigger for my AR as the stock one is just too heavy.

It needs to be installable by a ham fisted idiot.

I'm too fat for CSR so it doesn't need to fit the rules.

It either needs clearly distinguishable two stages as I don't like vague spongy triggers or a nice crisp single stage.

Most importantly it needs to be available in the UK.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

CMC hands down. They offer a two-stage trigger too, although their single-stage, flat, 3.5lb pull trigger is really their flagship trigger. I've used multiple CMC's in various AR builds, and wouldn't use any other trigger. Love Geissele, but CMC still wins for me.

I have a Timney in mine set at 3.5 lbs, its ok but there is definitely some discernible creep, not enough to bother me (rifle is for dedicated NV) but a little disappointing given the extra cost.

The Geissele SD-E is lovely. Just the right weight and very definite stages. I'd have preferred a curved blade but at the price I paid I'm not at all unhappy with the straight one.

I know that many upgrades are magic rocks that only have a placebo effect but there is a noticeable improvement in group size from the lighter pull. I'm also sure the same could have been gained from a much cheaper trigger job on the stock trigger by a good gunsmith but this was easier for me.

The Geissele SD-E is lovely. Just the right weight and very definite stages. I'd have preferred a curved blade but at the price I paid I'm not at all unhappy with the straight one.

I know that many upgrades are magic rocks that only have a placebo effect but there is a noticeable improvement in group size from the lighter pull. I'm also sure the same could have been gained from a much cheaper trigger job on the stock trigger by a good gunsmith but this was easier for me.

not really,

There are many reasons why a "trigger job" won't even come close to a well thought out trigger, and sear engagement and geometry are just a couple of them

Be happy with your new trigger

Archived