Non firing Norma factory ammo

Fishnshoot

Hello all, would just like to run this one by yourselfs, see if anyone else had had this. My shooting bud and myself are both shooting .223 50g Norma vmax. Between us we must have done in 3-400 by now. I've got a xbolt, he's got a cz. Last outing he had 3 non fires from the same box. All primers well struck. Tried them in mine, same. Struck again... No bang.

What does he do? Contact Norma or point of sale.

didnt think this would ever have been a issue due to the fact it's Norma.

What d'ya's think??

Dunno, the packaging showed no signs of moisture or contaminate, and the brass and heads looked clean and normal. What would be the chances of 3 duff primers in the same box of factory Norma ammo?

We'll report it to point of purchase and see what he says.

Cheers

Hello all, would just like to run this one by yourselfs, see if anyone else had had this. My shooting bud and myself are both shooting .223 50g Norma vmax. Between us we must have done in 3-400 by now. I've got a xbolt, he's got a cz. Last outing he had 3 non fires from the same box. All primers well struck. Tried them in mine, same. Struck again... No bang.

What does he do? Contact Norma or point of sale.

didnt think this would ever have been a issue due to the fact it's Norma.

What d'ya's think??

I once had a few non firing reloads, they also appeared to be well struck by the firing pin but not well enough, it turned out that the problem was muck and crap inside the bolt stopping the firing pin striking properly. Might be worth stripping the bolt?

Andy

I once had a batch of reloads that failed to fire in a 222 CZ. It turned out the old firing spring was miles shorter than the replacement one when put side by side. I was getting decent dents in the primers but just thought I'd treat it to a new spring to remove that possibility; no more misfires after that.

Dismantle, check and clean your firing pins. Might be all it needs ;)

Archived