.223 accuracy and performance.

Hi guys,

I went out today with a couple of friend of mine to have a much long overdue play with the rifles, I have recently done some work on my mate Stu's rifle including shortening the barrel and threading it for a new mod etc.

I thought id bring out my Semi custom .223 AI and check/adjust zero as I have also done some work on that too.

Below is a picture of the first and only 5 shot group I shot out of it from a cold clean bore, very pleased and as you can see even with the little wobbly number 3 shot it still managed a 5 shot group at 202 yards of only 0.26MOA :D (Witnessed by 2 other people)

I adjusted 1MOA down and 0.5MOA left, fired one shot that landed perfect in the middle...that will do me nicely. ;) Look out long range rabbits, 80 grain Amax's are coming to get ya!

Steve

a3359c12c926f80feb758720af6b07aa_zpsf926

• 3 weeks later...

Which iPad-compatible app is this? Searched for it in the App Store but couldn't find it.

TIA

PS: Nice group.

Cheers buddy,

I have the Ipad mini with the ISO software, Not sure if the old iPad will support the Ballistic AE as it use to be Ballistic FTE on the older version.

Hope this helps?

Steve

Cheers Steve, making progress. I also have an iPad mini and was searching with the word target versus ballistics.

What is the correct apps name? "ISO" produced loads of apps regarding ISO norms. "Ballistic AE" didn't produce a match, or do I need to access the U.S. App Store?

Would be great to take the iPad along to the range and do instantaneous analyses.

Cheers Steve, making progress. I also have an iPad mini and was searching with the word target versus ballistics.

What is the correct apps name? "ISO" produced loads of apps regarding ISO norms. "Ballistic AE" didn't produce a match, or do I need to access the U.S. App Store?

Would be great to take the iPad along to the range and do instantaneous analyses.

Yeh its just called Ballistic AE, it was free a year or so ago, but i think you have to pay for it now. You can take it to the range etc and just do what ive done in a few minutes. Very handy app.

Steve

Found it. It's now called Ballistic for iPads from Peak Studios L.L.C.. Costs 20 bucks.nowadays.

Thanks again.

Worth it though bud,

Good stuff.

Steve.

Nice and tight Steve and that's what one needs to continue to connect with the longer stuff,,,proper job as we say down here,,,,,,O

Cheers Onehole, thanks pal ;)

do you not get a flyer with a cold clean bore ? very nice group bet you were gutted with num 3 shot.

No mate, I don't get first shot flyers with cold barrel, I tune my loads from cold and do not carry out fast rapid fire long strings. I knew as soon as I pulled the trigger on the number 3 shot that i had pulled it low, not to worry though as I can repeat that sort of accuracy with this rifle time and time again if I put the effort into the group. ;)

Steve.

Archived