Which Multi Tool ?

Or a SOG . ? Some are Non Locking knives so street legal if you want to carry all time .just a thought . I've got one and very pleased

I bought a SOG on an American military base and really like it, the tools are replaceable. There was one for sale on the classifieds here a year or so ago.

http://www.heinnie.com/knives-and-tools/multi-tools/f/brand/sog

I own multi tools by the following makers - Victorinox, Leatherman, Gerber and SOG

I would rate them in the following order in terms of both build-quality and functionality:

• Victorinox
  • SOG
  • Leatherman
  • Gerber

I own multi tools by the following makers - Victorinox, Leatherman, Gerber and SOG

I would rate them in the following order in terms of both build-quality and functionality:

• Victorinox
  • SOG
  • Leatherman
  • Gerber

Think you'll find most people on here have owned all of them too and some others no doubt. I certainly have and I still think Leatherman is the best. I have a Charge Ti, best multi tool I've ever had. Must be 10 years old now and it gets abused daily and has never let me down.

Had a wave before that (the orginal one). I only changed it because I though the removable screwdriver bit was worth the upgrade. It lives in my tool box now and still gets plenty of abuse. Blade is a bit worn from sharpening. The serated blade is almost flat.

Think you'll find most people on here have owned all of them too and some others no doubt. I certainly have and I still think Leatherman is the best. I have a Charge Ti, best multi tool I've ever had. Must be 10 years old now and it gets abused daily and has never let me down.

Had a wave before that (the orginal one). I only changed it because I though the removable screwdriver bit was worth the upgrade. It lives in my tool box now and still gets plenty of abuse. Blade is a bit worn from sharpening. The serated blade is almost flat.

I totally agree - so much of it is personal preference. In terms of build quality/ergonomics, I feel that the Swisstool Spirit is head and shoulders above the others, but the differece between the SOG and Leatherman is less significant, and theGerber is in bottom position because of both build quality and design, but overall all are equally functional and all are used regularly.

Had a surge for xmas off indoors. It's quite heavy but seems very robust . My buddy has had a wave for years and won't leave home without it! Plus it seems to have all the odd size bits with it! Always gets us out of the poop.

Another plus one for the SOG.

Only issue I had was I snapped the pliers when "altering " a barbed wire fence...... wish I'd used the spike as intended. Contacted the states and said it was a temper (metallurgy not mine!!) issue as it was -6 and they said it could be analysed or alternatively "without accepting blame" would send me the new bit.

Fine situation resolved!

Good bit of kit.

Archived